the dependency on script module metahandler version error

moespeeds

Mar 31, 2017
Hi guys. I'm new to Kodi, so please bare with me. I recently updated to 17.1 on my Firestick. Everything was working fine, until I accidentally installed a skin that I didn't like. I cleared my Kodi data via AppStarter and started reloading everything. When loading Ex**us, upon install I was getting the error:

"the dependency on script module metahandler version"

It seems that some addons would work fine, but others refused to install. I uninstalled Kodi completely, and once again installed 17.1, but the problem persists. Any ideas on what I screwed up here?

TIA

Moe

moespeeds

Mar 31, 2017
BTW I checked the log, and the complete error is: "The dependency on script.module.metahandler version 1.0.0 could not be satisfied"

moespeeds

Mar 31, 2017
I'm having the exact same issue. Hopefully someone will have a solution.
I figured it out. The solution was to install Indigo and use that to install my addons.

mod edit:
you-tube link removed as we do not support builds

Last edited by a moderator:

smokey98

Mar 31, 2017
I figured it out. The solution was to install Indigo and use that to install my addons.

mod edit:
you-tube link removed as we do not support builds
That worked for installing the addons. But none of the addons seem to work. I can open Ex**us and there's nothing there. What about for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragairyelf

Apr 1, 2017
Fix for this

That worked for installing the addons. But none of the addons seem to work. I can open Ex**us and there's nothing there. What about for you?
So I had the same problem. I installed through Indigo and all came up blank. I fixed it by doing: Main Screen > Add ons > Add-ons Package Installer > Install from Repository > Video Add Ons > Ex**us (basically the last step of Ex**us install as if were not broken). Where the install button is it may show a Blue Arrow for pending, if does no worries either way- still just click the Update icon and update it. Once updated you should be all set and should see all movies, etc.

Krispyboy

Mar 31, 2017
I'm having the same problem with Ex**us. I'm new to this whole thing and just want to get Ex**us back on. What is indigo how do I install that or what else could I do?

mopippin

Apr 1, 2017
I have installed kodi 17 and indigo but when I go to indigo it neve loads it just gives me the "stand by, starting up" notification. I have restated and reset and problem still persist. I can not make it past the start up of indigo

Trival143

Apr 1, 2017
I think I found a temporary fix for Ex**us. Go to your Logs in settings, find the log for Ex**us, click it, click Enable then Run/Open, it should be able to run but the first selections on the Ex**us menu wouldn't show any letters, just click any bullets and figure out what it is yourself.

Hope this helps!

sharpey

Apr 2, 2017
So I had the same problem. I installed through Indigo and all came up blank. I fixed it by doing: Main Screen > Add ons > Add-ons Package Installer > Install from Repository > Video Add Ons > Ex**us (basically the last step of Ex**us install as if were not broken). Where the install button is it may show a Blue Arrow for pending, if does no worries either way- still just click the Update icon and update it. Once updated you should be all set and should see all movies, etc.

If anyone's still not got it working. This is how I did it after translating this reply :)

1) I added the repo via .zip file, install Ex**us from the repo as usual until the error occurred.
2) Install Indigo add-on from "begin here" section on Ex**us repo. Install Exodos from Video-addons. (you're then left with a working Ex**us, but the menus are blank)
3) Retry the Ex**us install from repo as in step 1 (everything works as expected).

This worked for me, seems that the missing part from the normal installation is installed from Indigo method, so that fixes the issue missing dependency.

If anyone's found a proper fix, let me know?

noonie

Jun 6, 2017
i had the same issue on one of my fire tvs. delete Kodi and reinstall with ADBfire. then reload your .zip and repos. it worked for me after trying everything else i read on the internet that told me to do everything but that. hope this helps.