This is becoming pretty *****ly crazy now

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
The server is too busy even in the middle of the week now. This is becoming *****ly crazy. First priority should be to make the server usable for the members. Something has to be done. Time for excuses is past. Now is time for actions.

PLEASE

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
The server is too busy even in the middle of the week now. This is becoming *****ly crazy. First priority should be to make the server usable for the members. Something has to be done. Time for excuses is past. Now is time for actions.

PLEASE
Traffic takes servers. Servers take money. Money takes donations....

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Traffic takes servers. Servers take money. Money takes donations....
I get that. However, when we were the Hub we had no problems. The name changed and I suspect the servers as well (at least that's what it said while the forum was down). When the forum came back it was nothing but problems with server busy etc...and it hasn't stopped since. Maybe going back to the old servers would/could be the answer. Obviously this isn't working. We have the best forum on the net with the very best addons on the net but the worst server ever.

alibaba011

Sep 20, 2012
In the weekend, I see "server busy" message since it has transform hub to tvaddons. Weekdays are good but this week i got "server busy" message couple of time. But after half an hour it was ok.

When you try to reply to a topic or email, sometimes you got "server busy" error and all of your writing is gone.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
In the weekend, I see "server busy" message since it has transform hub to tvaddons. Weekdays are good but this week i got "server busy" message couple of time. But after half an hour it was ok.

When you try to reply to a topic or email, sometimes you got "server busy" error and all of your writing is gone.
I'm glad it isn't just me. As for the writing gone thing, I am getting so used to losing my typing that before I hit the "post quick reply button", I highlight all my text and copy it first. So if I lose it to the "server too busy" thing, all I have to do is paste it back in the reply box. It is a PITA but not as much as losing everything and retyping it all.

TopekaRoy

Jun 9, 2014
My guess is that the reason it has been more of a problem lately is because TVAddons is SO AWESOME that new users are flocking to it in droves. I noticed it was especially bad right after the new android version was released but seems to have gotten better lately. Hopefully, some of these new users will appreciate the software enough to donate 5 or 10 dollars or pounds or euros. I'm sure that money will be used to increase server bandwidth capacity.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
It's a case of sucking it up my friend we all get frustrated with all the cuts people are looking for cheaper alternatives as vermin and fat pie is costly just try and be patient you'll only end up busting a bolock and stressing yourself we are all in the same boat and at times things get rough chill:cool:

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
We're working on once again upgrading our servers in the near future, we've been growing quite a bit, and with people attacking us it makes it slightly more difficult. User experience is our main priority, we're also working on different donation methods that might be easier for users than Bitcoin.

flhthemi

Feb 20, 2014
No attitude just blunt fact and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

I would find it very dificult to donate to a forum that more than 50% of the time won't let me into it.

It is this forum's WORST point. All else here is about as good as it gets, with the exception of the great friends I have made here, they're great!

;)