Tofu Linux (kodi 14.1 based) M3

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
This image has the firmware checks removed and runs on mygica 510b very very well'

If you try this it is at your own risk all that has been done is the checks have been removed.

A number of users have been Pm'ing me asking for this, so I'll give a link and leave you all to it.

https://db.tt/Ndf37Cq0

Release Notes:
- Kodi 14.1 base.
- Supports user data redirection to mSD card (folder name "tofu-data").

Last edited:

duppyrider

Nov 21, 2012
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Hi ccadi, I spoke with you in an earlier thread and am in the process of updating my buddies Pivos XIOS M3. Thought it was going to just as simple as when I updated my M1 but ran into some issues. The problem I am experiencing is very slow response. I used the update.img file from the Pivos website for the M3 device. No problem with the load and everything ran smoothly until I started adding skins and other addons. It took forever to load the new skins and sometimes I would need to reload. When I started testing the addons (ie. Genesis, 1 Channel, etc..) the links would take forever to load and sometimes would time out. When I did get on, though, they worked.

I've tried re-installling a couple of times and even tried using their latest build (042215 for the M3), still slow response. I came here to see if I could find anything to help me out when I saw this thread. Do you think this would help? What is this folder "tofu-data"? Been reading where I should have created a folder with this name but looking into my sdcard, I don't see anything created as such?? Can you help? Thanks? BTW, I did not get any errors whatsoever upon loading the new update.img or during the addons/skins upgrade

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
Sorry ccadi, I am asking if using the image you supplied in the link of this thread would help? And if so what about he folder? Thanks
No, this image will not be any better, its the same image, its just been modified so that clones can use Pivos software.
The slowness could be caused by a lot of different factors but the best place to find an answer is over on the pivos forums.

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
Thats correct image is the same, regarding the folder,
make a folder on external sdcard named "tofu-data" and your userdata will be stored on the external card leaving more useable space on the unit. this is best done at a clean start so that internal storage stays free'er

regarding skins, I would keep to the basic on this box, maybe change the horrid orange background
Some skins slow things down and this box is not a powerful one anyway

Last edited:

duppyrider

Nov 21, 2012
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Ok, so I went into the Pivos Forum yesterday and found I had to perform a reset/wipe after loading the firmware. That did the trick and everything is now good. I have already configured the system the way I like it, so if I just place the tofu-date folder in the mSD card will everything now load to this external card or would I have to start all over again? Thanks for your help