Totally New At This: Another Firestick Question(s)

1boatnut

Dec 2, 2015
As title states: Brand new at this and not really technical , especially on a lot of terminology.
I read,watch U tube videos, and try to follow other's instructions and hopefully learn along the way.

Anyhow there are a few things I would love some help and opinions on.

On Friday I purchased a Fire-stick @ Best Buy ,mostly for the use of Kodi which I newly added to my windows PC.
Saturday I finally got Kodi installed on the stick. Truthfully I was watching so many videos I believe I managed to install it using EX explorer. I was using "install from zip file" and I just read in another thread here that repository should be used. Did I mess up?

So last night watching a movie and about 1/4 way through the movie just stops. I went back to the link and clicked again,and then asked if I wanted to start from beginning or resume play. I hit resume and it played for a minute then happened again.
I tried Genesis,1Ch**nel,Ice Films and I believe even N*viX. Same problem, either wouldn't play or would play & stop & shudder and even the voices were not in sync with the mouths. Finally I gave up.

I picked another movie on N*viX and that did play all the way through.

Sorry so lengthy but here is my questions & concerns:

I looked at my system storage and it shows 5.6gb used and 1.5 available.I have not installed anything other than Kodi]
Am I going to have enough space moving forward?
Should I return the fire stick and get something different?
( I realize it may be just an opinion but would like to hear.

Is it possible my problem happened to b that particular movie?
I understand the principle of Kodi and that there may be bad links and some issues and I have no problem with that.

I just would like to make sure what I purchased is ok and won't be rendered useless tomorrow . I would rather just spend the extra $ now if needed.

Thanks. Any help or insight would be appreciated . Kodi was brought to my attention by one of the (IT) technicians @ my wife's company and I kind of enjoy playing around with it.

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
hi.have a look at this help guide,there is not a great deal of storage left on a firestick even out the box.
you may have downloaded a movie without knowing it.have a look at the maintenance section in this link below to clear some thumbnails etc.
dont worry too much about movies going off half way through,it's frustrating but happens to the best of us.
for the money the firestick is a capable little device.
you may have to start again and keep it lean with addons,the temptation is to ram it full of addons then it gets very slow.
here is the link to help you.

Kodi Support and Troubleshooting

1boatnut

Dec 2, 2015
tam23,
Thanks for the response.
When you say "start again" you think I may have to do a fresh install on the one I did Saturday as maybe something got messed up?
I don't think I have a lot of addons enabled,(maybe 10) but being so new what ( how many) normally is Ok, especially on the firestick with limited space?

Lastly how would I know if I downloaded a movie by accident? Where do I look in Kodi?
Thanks again

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
sometimes in Na*i-X you can download by mistake.install es file explorer from the amazon store to have a look around.the maintenance tool will help.its a problem on the fire tv.thumbnails get stored and have heard some folks installs of kodi being mental gigabytes.
also helps to manage your other installed amazon apps,like pictures etc,force stop them and clear cache and delete data.gives you a few spare megabytes.you could run a fresh start or if you are happy with the install you have just now keep it.
i only use a maximum of 10-12 addons
Na*i-X genesis U* T*rks Spor**dev*l operation robocop pheonix and a few i cant mention on here.
said many times google youtube and this forum will be a great help to you.