Towelroot version 2 roots new update

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Just thought I'd share after spending a long time trying to do something I thought was easy. Trying to root my son's ouya that was updated to the latest fw I went through various methods (most of which was me not being familiar with the console).
Anyway, I found thru much trial & error I that TOWELROOT VERSION 2 works.
Just sideload, upload or put in on external. Launch the app, click "Make it Rain" and done!
Probably sideload Supersu and busybox while you're at it. I hope this hasn't been discussed here. I don't see it and couldn't access tvaddons during the process.

**oh yeah--a link might be helpful

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2793588

It's down below the first post

Last edited:

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
why would anyone want to root an ouya? I had mine rooted in the past but found it wasn't necessary and if anything more hassle than it was worth... is it really necessary?

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
why would anyone want to root an ouya? I had mine rooted in the past but found it wasn't necessary and if anything more hassle than it was worth... is it really necessary?
Your interpretation is probably right. It already supports external storage and that's a big one for me. I don't use the ouya--just set it up. Maybe someone else can verfify if these are reasons to root

1. Install TWRP ?

2. CYANOGENMOD?

3. Don't you need it for Google playstore? (Lots of games and apps)

3. OTHER ADVANCED FEATURES NOT ACCESSIBLE WITH OUT ROOT?

I did it because I'm under the thought if you paid for it you should have as much control as you want (and of course take responsibility), but with ouya in particular, I'm not sure exactly how much more control you get...