Trying to install crystalbuntu on ATV1 - now i have a blank screen

MXster

Jan 7, 2014
Hey everyone,
Well today has been a long day.....

originally I had made a patchstick using a friends mac computer
installed it without any issues but then while running xbmc I encountered issues - broken plugin's - metahandler error - discrepancies not met erros....etc....
found out that the xbmc i had running was the eden one which another member pointed out to try frodo.

Now with that in mind i went searching for that install to try out on the atv1.

I got the link where the openELEC set up is
got the img.gz file but when I opened usb-it to put that file on a usb stick i had this error

"could not convert internal zip file name to MBCS (code:0)!"

so I stopped there, since i couldn't get the openELEC on a usb stick...

after that I looked into crystalbuntu
got the link to get the usb stick going.
plugged it into the atv1
linux icon appears, had a blue screen with the % progress going on after that I got to a part where I noticed it had this written (white text , black background -dos looking)

*on the screen i can't fully make out the first part*

5.345568] init: ureadahead main process (675) terminated with status 5
robe: fatal: cannot not load /lib/modules/3.2.27/modules.dep: no such file or directory

ind: cannot create socket for udp6
robe: fatal: cannot not load /lib/modules/3.2.27/modules.dep: no such file or directory

ind: cannot create socket for tcp6
robe: fatal: cannot open '/run/rochind/rochind.xdr' file for reading errn 2 ( no such file or direcory)

after the screen stays with that list of text for about a min or 2
it then goes blank (black)
I can hear the atv1 being on, my TV still thinks theirs output coming out from the atv1
but now im stuck here

before running this i did have the current OS update and for output i put RGB high too

-

so if anyone could help me with this or with the openELEC i would appreciate it
idk whats going on now - what to do

thanks for your time in reading this

MXster

Jan 7, 2014
Using HDMI
And as mention - updated the original OS to be current and video output was set to rgb-high

Dreylad

May 29, 2012
Cayman Islands
Still no joy for me on this one. I have the crystalbuntu HD card but want to try out on usb stick first, must have gone through six or seven of them. Everything loads fine until I get to here :pcbind: cannot create socket for tcp6
pcbind: cannot open '/run/rpcbind/rpcbind.xdr'
pcbind: cannot open '/run/rpcbind/portmap.xdr'
ioprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.2.27/modules.dep
That's it. Does not get to next part which should be Downloading kernel modules. Have tried usb sticks on desktop and two laptops. Not tried Mac. Absolutely doing my head in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Got to have my 1080p fix. Have it on the pi and no going back.

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
Still no joy for me on this one. I have the crystalbuntu HD card but want to try out on usb stick first, must have gone through six or seven of them. Everything loads fine until I get to here :pcbind: cannot create socket for tcp6
pcbind: cannot open '/run/rpcbind/rpcbind.xdr'
pcbind: cannot open '/run/rpcbind/portmap.xdr'
ioprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.2.27/modules.dep
That's it. Does not get to next part which should be Downloading kernel modules. Have tried usb sticks on desktop and two laptops. Not tried Mac. Absolutely doing my head in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Got to have my 1080p fix. Have it on the pi and no going back.
Try putting the apple ios back on it then try it again format your usb stick to FAT32 4GB or more

doxe

Jan 31, 2013
I had the same issue with a friends ATV 1. I had to put the original os back on 3 times before it would take. Both usb sticks were FAT32 and 8GB. In the end I just left it to run for about 30 minutes and when I came back the last line said terminated so I removed the USB unplugged and rebooted and then it loaded. The Crystalbuntu does not load as quick as my openelec but it does load.