Trying to Tether Boot my JB ATV2-Seasonpass Does Nothing

Lixx916

Jul 28, 2012
Hi guys! My ATV2 is already jailbroken, has been for years. All was well and the power went out. When it came back on minutes later, I got out the MacBook to start the tethered boot but when I open seasonpass and click on "Boot Tethered" I never get the message asking to put the device into DFU Mode. I tried doing that anyway but nothing. The window is just empty with the little progress bar moving. Any ideas? Thanks!

Lixx916

Jul 28, 2012
I don' t think that it was the latest version so I downloaded that and tried it too with the same result. I never get the message to put device into DFU Mode. Just a window with no text and a progress bar. I'm stumped.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Use ireb then, or if you manually want to do it just hold play + menu for 7 seconds then plug into seasonpass, it will skip the dfu part since you did it yourself

Lixx916

Jul 28, 2012
I cannot find iReb for Mac anywhere. every link goes to a blank page. Even ih8snow's site. I have tried just putting the ATV2 in DFU mode and then running season pass. But I still dont get any data uploaded. I'm just trying to get the tethered boot to run. My ATV2 has been jailbroken for a long time and I have had to run seas0npass on it several times with no problems ever. It seems like an issue with seas0npass but maybe it is just not recognizing my ATV anymore for some reason. But even if I find another program to put it in DFU mode, then what. My JB was done using seas0npass. I'm pretty sure my ATV is 5.1. Maybe 5.1.1 if that exists. It's been a long time since I did it and all has been fine so I never worried about the updated untethered JB. I don't think I have any blobs saved or anything but there are some restore .ipsw's on my HD some where. I saw them the other day. please save me

Lixx916

Jul 28, 2012
I ended up just updating to 5.3 and rejailbreaking with Seas0npass. So now I have an UN-tethered jailbreak and all is well again. This might have been a blessing in disguise. No more tethered boots!

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
I ended up just updating to 5.3 and rejailbreaking with Seas0npass. So now I have an UN-tethered jailbreak and all is well again. This might have been a blessing in disguise. No more tethered boots!
and i was trying to figure out why you were (actually trying) to do a tethered jailbreak? lol