TV Addons and IE 11

Fiver

Dec 30, 2012
I searched through the forum and couldn't find this specific issue anywhere. There is the thread about the server being busy, but I don't think that's the issue in this case.

Since the change to TVAddons, I am finding IE 11 and TVAddons don't play well together. Basically, I go to TVAddons and my CPU goes to 100% and IE becomes completely unresponsive. I have to shut down IE using task manager. I'm using Windows 7 with an i5 processor and 6 GB of RAM, BTW. One time, I saw a message about a script running, but I haven't seen that in awhile.

I don't have this issue in Chrome.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
I use firefox but i just tried this with internet explorer (i still have ie 8 as ive never updated it as i dont use it) and it just crashes when i try to come to the website and it wont even open the page

Definately something wrong somewhere

Thanks for reporting this,hopefully someone can do something about it

Fiver

Dec 30, 2012
Just to add a little more information. If I go directly to the forums page (forums.tvaddons.co), IE11 is OK. It's when I go to www.tvaddons.co/ that the issue occurs.

flhthemi

Feb 20, 2014
I guess there is still no definitive answer to this.... maybe this additional info will help...

I have it too. Not as bad but when I come here from a bookmark (http://forums.tvaddons.co/) it takes a VERY, VERY long time to load the page. Sometimes I get error messages from IE that a long running script has caused a problem or IE wants to recover the page and if I tell it to recover the page then everything proceeds, if I don't get a busy site message. I have found if I press F5 (reload) as soon as I hit the page I'm good to go.

One other thing I've noticed it that when you use the forum tools to "mark this forum read" I don't see anything happen. All the other forums I use update the threads to read status and then refresh the page when you do this.

Hope this helps resolve the issue as it's so bad I'm not coming to the forum as often as I would like...

Last edited:

Flipmode

May 6, 2012
Yes I have had similar problems. One computer I just recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 with IE 11 and it runs perfectly the other is running Windows 8.1 with IE 11 and it hangs and I get long script running error. I have deleted temp internet files and have search the net to see if I can fix the issue but haven't been successful.

I have narrowed it down to the ads portion of the website forums page and it seems like 1 add in particular with the heading XBMC is becoming Kodi, but Gotham XBMC is still recommended for now!

When refreshing the page F5 it forces it to then next ad which I believe is google ads and then everything works. The one I listed above I do not think is a google ad and is causing the issue.

Also the redirection link for the forums log on is incorrect at the top right of the page, it pointing to tvaddons.co/forums and should redirect to forums.tvaddons.co