tv with no tuner , am i sol?

wasp9166

Feb 16, 2016
so i have a panny plasma, with no tuner, figured 8 yrs ago the cable box would suffice, now that i ditched that, i was wondering if there is a way to hook up an hd antenna to an external tuner that i could run in component

if so, anyone have this setup and what would you suggest as brand and model , tia

misty

Developer
Aug 28, 2013
Found an external digital hd tuner with hdmi, component (RGB) and composite video output. Audio is 2 channel (left / right) RCA output. You could probably find some more tuners with your favorite search engine.

Hope that helps.

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
depends what country you are from ?
In the U.S. when the government killed NTSC signal. Then they offered Free boxes ATSC you can still buy those in walmart.

If you get a DRV box beware of those cheap ones they have no schedule guide! For a single unit the best is Channel Master DVR
If you want to set up a network look into HDhomeRun they have a Kodi addon to watch TV.

The cheapest and probably the BEST is use your PC with Windows7 get a tuner card Microsoft has the best Channel guide its free in Microsoft media center. Then use Open ServerWMC it will allow you to play it on all your Kodi TV's

wasp9166

Feb 16, 2016
yes, usa

don't dvr anything , would like to not have pc tied into it

so it is possible then huh

wadaya mean boxes in walmart?

Last edited: