Tvaddons.co Add-on repository

Astrotouf

Aug 27, 2017
Hello,
I am trying to install the tvaddons.co repository (after downloading therepository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip zip file) and I get a message saying could not connect to repository.

I am using Kodi 17.4 on android 5.1.1 on a Philips TV.

Do you have any suggestions?

B2point1

Aug 31, 2017
non retrieval of repo from tvaddons.co

Hello,
I am trying to install the tvaddons.co repository (after downloading therepository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip zip file) and I get a message saying could not connect to repository.

I am using Kodi 17.4 on android 5.1.1 on a Philips TV.

Do you have any suggestions?
I'm getting the same thing at the point of the repo dling
" unable to connect.
Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"
On a H96pro kodi 17.4.
& yes i am connected, VPN up or down makes no difference.
Thanks for any replys.

Last edited:

Charli820

Aug 31, 2017
I am also having the same problem. Once I go all the way through and click on tvaddon.co add-on repository, the screen just keeps loading with no relief. I thought maybe I had done something wrong and redid the whole download process step by step and it is still 'stuck'. Any advice would be super helpful thank You!

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
two things to make sure of.
make sure its http and not https.
also make sure its .co and not .ag at the end
those are the 2 most common mistakes
As RavRob said:
if you click on this link and it opens then its most likely a typo in the address you entered for the source
http://fusion.tvaddons.co

[edit] I just tried it in 17.4 (fresh kodi) and it downloaded the repository fine

Last edited:

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Hmm... just tried it a third time with a fresh install of kodi 17.4. No problems adding fusion or downloading anything.
Can you try and provide a screenshot of the window showing the address like this?

screenshot

Last edited:

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
This happened to me on my tablet when kodi auto updated to 17.4. no repo would connect, even the official kodi repo.
I gave up and uninstalled and reinstalled and everything was fine after that.
It's not the best solution I know but it does sort it out.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You can't connect to repo? Be sure you have no typo when you enter the source. HTTP://fusion.tvaddons.co
You can type that address in your browser to be sure it connect, then, copy/paste where it asks to enter the source. If it connect you your browser, it should connect in your Kodi.

harleyelectricglide

Aug 14, 2017
I downloaded new kodi got the fusionco got the indingo tool try to use it it does not work try to download the git browser says cannot connectto repository.i triede it 3 times started over checked double checked everything does not work. I press git browser on indingo does nothing.http://fusion.tvaddons.co

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I might be missing something here. Indigo and the Git Browser are both in our repo. To get them you had to be able to connect to our repo.
Maybe post screen shots and a log see if we can figure it out.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
I think there might be an issue with the tva server and the tva repo.
trying to have someone check both of them.
I'm only seeing the repo issue on a fresh install of kodi.
I think kodi caches the repo xml info so it goes back to that if there is a problem.
If he added fusion as source, indigo can be loaded that way without getting it from the actual tva repo.
Indigo uses the tva repo to install git browser.
from what I can tell git browser isnt listed in fusion.

bobsworld

Apr 21, 2015
Rocky Mount VA
Hello, not trying to hijack just want to back up what everyone else is saying..I have installed this repo and many others in kodi and I am able to get the zip files downloaded and also download the repo zip, repository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip and then it populates TVADDONS.CO Add-on Repository under repositories but I am unable to install from repository I get "Could connect to repository" Also I can install the indigo tool but it really does not work it gives errors. I have tried this on a pi3 running osmc 17.6 i believe and my phone running 18.2 leia. My windows pc is running tvaddons repo no problem from an earlier time. Thanks

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
@bobsworld, Your not hijacking. The issues are the same and/or related.
There are 2 things going wrong I believe.
1 is with the tva server.
The Indigo errors your getting are probably with the addon installer and it trying to populate the lists of addons to install.
Thats what I'm seeing anyway.
That issue is because indigo cant read/access a file on the TVA server that contains the list(s).

2 is with the TVA repo (thats stored on github)
This issue was probably caused by a bad update to an addon.
Kodi reads an xml file in the repo that contains the info from all the xml files from the addons in the repo.
Someone probably just did a typo in their addons xml file in an update.
That info got updated in the repos xml file and kodi cant read the repo xml file because of it to get its list of addons.

When indigo tries to install git browser for you it "tells kodi" to read all the repo xml files and find/install it

Both should be easy fixes once they are located :)

[EDIT] I looked and found the error in the repos xml file. have sent a notice and how to fix it up the chain ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: syntax