tvmc installation failed

bassarnold

Oct 11, 2015
I tried to install TVMC and when I got to the part where I am to finalize the install I get the message ,"Installation has failed please Restart TVMC to try again." It appeared to attempt to download and went straight to 100% and failed.

Ziim

Mar 7, 2017
Same problem here. I have been trying since Friday to load TVMC onto the new Firestick. On the Download portion it shoots to 100% and fails. Anyone know what's going on? Is TVMC not being supported anymore. I can't find much info on it. It is my favorite Kodi install.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
If you can find a reference to downloading and installing TVMC in the non-Forum pages of https://www.tvaddons.co then you may have a case for asking for support, if not then you'll just have to accept that this particular program is dead and move on.

Ziim

Mar 7, 2017
Ok. So what's most like TVMC for my firesticks? Is there anything automated or do I need to download fusion to the stick separately? Thanks

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
TVMC, and then Freetelly, were all-in-one solutions in that they contained both a fork of Kodi and everything you needed set up and ready to go. I don't own a Firestick so I'm not sure what other similar options are available on that platform but if you can manage to sideload a copy of Kodi onto the Firestick then you can install Indigo and run the Config Wizard through that. That's all TVMC was anyway, the add-ons that were installed were those you would have got if you had run Config Wizard on an ordinary Kodi.

Ob1homie

Mar 8, 2017
Yes, something is definitely not right. It was 1 2 3. Now , not so more. I've did many firesticks before including the new Alexa ones running 5.2.4.0 update. Now today I'm getting the same error message. I installed fusion separately but Ex**us is empty. What's going on TVaddons? You guys were the best even though YouTube trolls hated on you, don't let them win. What's up with this this tellytv thing? Why not for android? Bring back TVMC.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Yeah! And Windows 95...and Simon Dee...and Deely Boppers...and Strawberry Cresta!

Things change.

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
Uhmm FreeTelly and TVMC are basically the same thing but with different names. artwork, and forks of different kodi versions.
TVMC uses 14 or 15 (depending on which version you found).
FreeTelly uses kodi 16 The next version will probably be of 17.
So because of the Kodi version being 17+, anything less than android 4.5 wont work with it.
[SEE EDIT] I'm not sure why the downloads are failing though. unless it uses an old url for the downloads
Thats done by the config wizard thats put in the fork. Its the old version of the wizard by the way.
To get the same results (just differant artwork) try installing fusion as source, install indigo, and then run the newer config wizard thats in there.

[Edit] Oh I just remembered. .org had put a block on TVMC to stop it from downloading/updating from there.
So it wont download or update some of the addons and scripts.
Important ones like urlresolver that are needed for kodi (and the forks) to run correctly.
Anyway, thats whats causing it.
FreeTelly doesnt have that issue.
So use FreeTelly or official kodi and run the config wizard thats in indigo.

Last edited: