TVTunes Error - KODI Unaccessible

Be2beme

Nov 15, 2015
I tried to change a skin in Kodi and then switched back to the original because I couldn't access anything and suddenly got a tvtunes addon error. I get a pop up that says HELP with no content and Ok. The only option sis to click Ok. I can only get to home page. I have tried to reload kodi and cannot figure out how to fix this. I've found no discussion of this in any support forums. Does anyone know how to deal with this? I am not a programmer. I am ready to rip my hair out.

Be2beme

Nov 15, 2015
I got the same error and I'd greatly appreciate anyone's input!
I got no help from these forums but I found a video tutorial that isn't completely condescending and redundant. His video making abilities are not great but he is clear in his instructions and doesn't waffle endlessly. He covers a lot of stuff in one video so just keep watching.
How To Restore to XBMC Factory Settings - YouTube

After 4 solid days of trying everything and everything failing this guys explains how to really reset the box -- with a toothpick. You have to do all the repo additions and addon stuff because it wipes everything and in this case you don't want to back stuff up because it just brings the problem back.

Since I reset, I've still had some issues with the version of kodi and errors but at least kodi works now. I just did the configure wizard and it seems to have resolved most things. At least now it works. This guy has a few videos that I watched - there are 2 that are related in that one is to wipe clean and the other is to rebuild. I found it very helpful unlike anything else on here.
Good luck.