Unable to download 17.1 update on Amazon Firestick

gidero

Apr 8, 2017
I'm trying to upgrade Kodi on my firestick. I followed the instructions and uninstalled the old Kodi from the instructions on this page: https://www.tvaddons.co/upgrade-kodi-krypton/.

I was finally able to download the 17.1 Krypton file on the firestick, but it the .exe file wont open in the ES File Explorer program. When I downloaded the old Kodi, it was a ".apk" file. I'm not sure if that matters. What should I do? Am I missing a step?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Exe are for Windows. You need an apk for Android. You need to download the apk to your computer, use adblink to sideload the apk to your stick.

gidero

Apr 8, 2017
Im sorry, I dont mean to sound like a total idiot, but what is adblink? Its that another program that I need to download to my firestick? If so, where do I find it?

gidero

Apr 8, 2017
Exe are for Windows. You need an apk for Android. You need to download the apk to your computer, use adblink to sideload the apk to your stick.
I got to the right place. Downloaded "Armv8a (64 bit)" and now it says "App not installed". Should I download the "Adblink"?

Last edited:

gidero

Apr 8, 2017
I found adblink on the jocala website, but there is no option to download the program for android. Only Linux, windows, and osx.

Can someone please help me? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

gidero

Apr 8, 2017
I found adblink on the jocala website, but there is no option to download the program for android. Only Linux, windows, and osx. I cant install the new Kodi. It says "app not installed". Should I Uninstall Kodi like they said in the other thread?

Can someone please help me? There are no detailed instructions regarding this issue on this site. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

gidero

Apr 8, 2017

tchado1

Apr 8, 2017
I got as far as step 17, then nothing seems to match up with what to do next and what I see on my screen...

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
I got as far as step 17, then nothing seems to match up with what to do next and what I see on my screen...
Follow the steps to Step 15 then

Step 16: Click the Add-ons tab

Step 16½: Click the open box icon top left (blue circled in picture bellow)

Continue to step 17 on the website...