Unable to install fusion or Indigo

Nomad367

May 24, 2017
Hello,
Just successfully installed 17.2 to avoid the hack but hit a snag when trying to install the fusion browser. Instead of the install from zip file screen shown on the instructions, when I click on the "Enter add on browser" button, I get a list of 50 or so add-ons, apparently from the repository. Two hours in and I still can't figure out how to get out of that to the file window. I even went back and cleared all kodi data and went through the steps to install fusion again, same result.

Help please. Thanks.

Forgot to say, on Amazon fire stick.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Not sure what device you are using. If you have a keyboard attached, press the back space or on a remote, click on the 2 dots at the top until you get where you need to be.

Westy

May 24, 2017
Yes same here, instead of the image on help screen I seem to have a number of android apps that prevent me accessing the add on browser menu- please help pulling my hair out
They are a pre installed load of apps but they prevent the link to add on browser being available.

Last edited:

Westy

May 24, 2017
Go back to your home screen, get to the Add-ons tab, and then on the right side of the screen go to the top and then to "Install from ZIP file."
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately there is no install from zip option. My add ons are populated by a number of addon logos and not the enter add on browser tab shown in the tutorial. If I move up to radio tab for example it then has the enter browser option. Can I upload a photo of it somehow?

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Once you have fusion in as a source, follow the instructions on this page

https://www.tvaddons.co/indigo-kodi-krypton/

If you get to 2 and your install looks different...

Do Step 1 on that link, then deviate as bellow for Step 2 and 2½...

Step 2: Click the Add-ons tab

Step 2½: Click the open box icon top left (blue circled in picture bellow)

Return to step 3 on the website, and continue...

Nomad367

May 24, 2017
You all are GREAT! Thanks for the quick replies. Only had Kodi for a week and am already suffering withdrawal symptoms without it.

lvlomOf3

May 27, 2017
Help please

When I click add-ons on the left of the screen it shows my add-ons and doesn't give me the option to enter add-on browser. I'm so confused!!!

LONGSHOT

May 27, 2017
I keep getting an error saying the install from the zip has failed. I followed all the directions. Any advice?

LONGSHOT

May 27, 2017
I got this right on my fire stick. I'm working on an android box x96now if that makes a difference.

Butterfly Ninja

May 29, 2017
Please help! I have tried this 5000 times. Once I select to install Fusion from Zip file, nothing happens. I do not get the option to begin here. I am not even able to select ok. The only thing I can do is either select Cancel or go backward.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Please help! I have tried this 5000 times. Once I select to install Fusion from Zip file, nothing happens. I do not get the option to begin here. I am not even able to select ok. The only thing I can do is either select Cancel or go backward.
Double and triple check that you typed the correct fusion URL without any typos, a very common mistake is people use https instead of http or forget the s in tvaddons...

http://fusion.tvaddons.co

Butterfly Ninja

May 29, 2017
It worked. Thank you! I had actually installed it 3 times already (lol). However, I no longer see the horizontal bar when I access Kodi. Is that how 17.3 is supposed to be?

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
It worked. Thank you! I had actually installed it 3 times already (lol). However, I no longer see the horizontal bar when I access Kodi. Is that how 17.3 is supposed to be?
That would be because the default skin is different, you can roll back to the Confluence skin if you like there are instructions on this site somewhere linked off the main page...

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
If you've upgraded from Kodi 16 to 17 then yes, the default skin has changed from Confluence to Estuary. You can change it back to Confluence if you want by going into the appearance section of the Settings and downloading it as you would any skin.

If you've upgraded from Kodi 17.1 to 17.3 and this is a different horizontal bar you're talking about then can you post some more info about it?

Butterfly Ninja

May 29, 2017
Here's my issue. I used to be able to access the Kodi & got the horizontal bar where I could select from music, videos, etc. From there I could select from Ex**us & others. Now when I access Kodi the horizontal bar is absent. I have to select addons from a sidebar in order to see any of the Video addons. I just want to make sure this is right. Thanks.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Here's my issue. I used to be able to access the Kodi & got the horizontal bar where I could select from music, videos, etc. From there I could select from Ex**us & others. Now when I access Kodi the horizontal bar is absent. I have to select addons from a sidebar in order to see any of the Video addons. I just want to make sure this is right. Thanks.
It is right with the default skin for Krypton. If you want the horizontal bar again, just look in my signature for a "how to" change back to Confluence.