Understanding VPN's

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi to all on the forum.

I was reading about the Premiumize system on your webpage and i hope i am in the right place to mention this.On reading the promo it sounds excellent,but,being a junior member i am (naturally) confused.firstly is it a VPN per-se.how do i operate it.how do i know which country to select.is the 60euro annual or is it a once off.i read through some of the comments regarding the use of a VPN and it seems a lot of people are as confused as i am.i would really like to sign up to some form of VPN,(depending on how the eu vote goes)but i feel i need a lot more info and advice.i am writing here because of your magnificent support and dedication to improving the entire system.as usual your help and advice is always appreciated hugely.goodluck to all.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Premiumize and VPN are 2 very different things. Premiumize will give you premium links for streaming. Great if you are suffering from buffering or lack HD links.

VPN will allow you to mask your IP so your ISP will not know your whereabouts on the net. It will also allow you to select a different IP from a county of your choice if your country is Geo Blocked on some content.

So depending on your need, you can get none, one or both of these. I have Neither and am very happy with my streaming experience. Note I am in the GWN so not Geo Blocked and not in need to hide my IP from my ISP (yet).

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Following up to RavRob's post, if you get Premiumize, your account also allows access to their VPN service. I have used it before and found it to be pretty good but a little difficult to setup. Best to google premiumize vpn and the os. You should find good instructions from their site.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
I wish to say many thanks to RavRob and idokfire for your speedy and really helpful replies they are greatly appreciated.just want to say i did Google Premiumize and did a lot of reading which i found to be helpful and useless in equal measures since i have no previous knowledge of vpns but that's my problem.guys i clicked on the give thanks button but was given a message i do not have permissions???Anyway guys A MILLION THANKS for your help and assistance.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
If you are not streaming from Torrent sites or if you are not Geo-Blocked, you likely don't need a VPN. VPNs do slow down your connection a bit, so if you are experiencing buffering, disable your VPN and see if that helps. RD does not need a VPN.

mariad

Mar 3, 2017
A VPN will simply hide your original IP with another IP so you cannot be tracked of your footsteps. Unless you are into downloading torrents and accessing geo-restricted content or you do not use Public wifi to do important task their does not arise a need of using a VPN.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
A VPN will simply hide your original IP with another IP so you cannot be tracked of your footsteps. Unless you are into downloading torrents and accessing geo-restricted content or you do not use Public wifi to do important task their does not arise a need of using a VPN.
unless you value your privacy and enhanced security ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Kodi Support 1
O Kodi Support 4
O Android Boxes 4