Uninstall Heliix before installing Isengard on Firestick?

MMB10

Oct 20, 2013
The Great Northwest
Hi - Does anyone know if I have to uninstall Helix 14.2 off my FireStick before I sideload Isengard 15.0, if not, will I lose all my add on settings? I'm using the amazon fireTV utility app, and there's an option to uninstall, so I'm not sure if I need to.

Thanks for any help

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Hi - Does anyone know if I have to uninstall Helix 14.2 off my FireStick before I sideload Isengard 15.0, if not, will I lose all my add on settings? I'm using the amazon fireTV utility app, and there's an option to uninstall, so I'm not sure if I need to.

Thanks for any help

you can always keep 14.2 cuz I am thinking that 15 isen. is not that great
LOTS of add ons are having trouble

MMB10

Oct 20, 2013
The Great Northwest
you can always keep 14.2 cuz I am thinking that 15 isen. is not that great
LOTS of add ons are having trouble

That's what I've read, I think I'll keep 14.2 until 15.1 comes out. I was wondering if I do install 15, do I have to uninstall 14.2 first in order to sideload it in through the firetv utility ap, and if my settings/add ons will remain like on a PC.

baruchin

May 7, 2012
Which ones? I've been running it since alpha and I haven't had any problems. I like Isengard - skip steps is incredibly useful
Genesis HD streams for example. Whenever I try to play from sources like Ic*f*lms or realdebrid HD videos, it plays fine for 2 seconds and then stuttering and no audio happens. Kodi 14.2 plays everything just fine though.

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
yip,agree with you,for some reason on my main fire tv,all the genesis streams are fine,running 14.2 on this one.no buffering or anything.
on the other hand i have 2 fire sticks running kodi 15.when i look for a stream on genesis on these they all seem to come up real debrid etc and none are playable.its a strange one.the ones that do are not great.i am stumped.

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
OK. That's interesting. Definitely the same version of genesis on both? I've not had any problems that I've noticed on my Aftv or stick.

Last edited:

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
my two fire sticks have different wizards.downstairs i have the normal android amazon wizard install,genesis is off that.on the one upstairs i have hushams wizard,assume its the same genesis.these both have the same available streams when you click on the same tv show.just find it strange that real debrid does not even figure on my main fire tv install on genesis but does on the stick.not a mega issue as i just scoll down to a hq or mq on the sticks.like is said before its free so no room to moan,

Singidunum

Mar 15, 2014
Queens, New York
Genesis HD streams for example. Whenever I try to play from sources like Ic*f*lms or realdebrid HD videos, it plays fine for 2 seconds and then stuttering and no audio happens. Kodi 14.2 plays everything just fine though.
Well, in last few days I have a same problem but with 14.2
And that;s only in Geneses
out of 200+ links I can not play any of them (same for movies and TV shows)
Same message always
"No stream available"

Don't have that problem with Channal1; it plays almost all streams, but I like Geneses better due to information display under movie or TV show.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Home Theater 5
S Kodi Support 1
X Kodi Support 1