uninstall kodi and reinstall new version question

arcticmonster

Feb 22, 2016
I got some boxes (mxV) for my house and they all came with Isengard installed. The 1st box out, I ran it and then figured it wanted the latest version of Kodi. Jarvis 16.

Here is what I did with the 1st box. Went back to main home screen for Android, went to Settings, Advanced, More settings, Apps, Kodi and then uninstalled.

Home again, AppInstaller, install from USB and got Kodi Jarvis installed. Lost the Favorites Icon as it should have.

That box all is good.

Next box, did the same thing, but something different happened when I reinstalled KODI

The Favorites Icon on main screen reappeared with the orange background like when it had Isengard.

But in myAPPs, it's the blue Icon.

What is happening that it's recreating the shortcut after I install Jarvis?

This happened with 2 boxes and then I have all kinds of issues in KODI.

It's like Isengard doesn't get totally uninstalled.

Next thing I wanna try is do a Factory reset to get rid of some of the junk that may have come pre-installed.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You should have access to the Play Store with that box. Just search for Kodi and install the app in the store. This SHOULD over-write your old version of Kodi but will not lose any of the addons or favs you have now. Then do a Fresh Start (https://www.tvaddons.co/revitalize-kodi/). If you follow that guide you should end up with Jarvis.

BUT your method should have worked. The only problem I see is that you might have missed a reboot after the uninstall.

arcticmonster

Feb 22, 2016
I had read that overwriting Isengard wasn't good on here, that's why I removed it completely. Maybe I didn't reboot the second time and the first I had. Thanks.