uninstall kodi

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
I hope this is right section here is my prob.
I had kodi 17-3 on my windows 10 laptop, I wanted to clean it out and reinstall a virgin/clean from scratch version for me to manually re populate with repos/addons.
I selected uninstall in kodi and it seemed to complete ok (kodi was gone from my start page and out of my uninstall programs page in control panel.
however when 2 days later I installed new 17-4 version all my previously populated vid add ons and repo enabled add ons re-appeared? the add source in file manager was empty/waiting for me to add url address's but whatever I tried to add just didn't work and have no working kodi on my laptop, I have never experienced this problem before??
please help I am desperate here.
cheers

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
That is pretty much standard on a Windows machine. You also need to delete the profile folder from your laptop or you will always experience the problem at hand.

Best way I found is to download Iobit Uninstaller. They have a free version that works very well.
Code:
https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstallerpro.php?AFF=40025&__c=1
This will also remove any entries in your registry.

You can also remove your profile folder manually but this will not remove any registry entries. For this, you need to change your folder view to see hidden files and folders and navigate to your Kodi profile folder or just enter
Code:
Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>
This will take you to the same location. Remove all that is Kodi there.