Question uninstall tvaddons from htpc

Jdavison

Nov 21, 2019
I need to uninstall the tvaddons from my HTPC. When I uninstalled the old kodi version it had and installed the newest one it came back with tvaddons still on it with all the old addons. I don't want to use a build with this htpc only straight kodi with confluence but cant add that with tvaddons loading. How do I get tvaddons out of the system completely.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You need to remove the profile folder as well as uninstalling Kodi. Your profile folder can be deleted in a couple of ways.
1 - use a program uninstaller such as Iobit uninstaller. The free version works fine. It will ask you if you want to remove remaining files and registry entries. Click yes and all the remnants of the profile folder will be gone as well.
2- manually delete the profile folder by typing %APPDATA%\kodi in the search field of the htpc and delete the userdata folder completely

Jdavison

Nov 21, 2019
thx for the reply problem is the profile folder does not exist. I went thru every folder in appdata that had kodi which was appdata/roaming/kodi and there was no profile. There is a folder of addons which does contain the old addons that reload each time I reinstall kodi. Maybe this is the same thing. The kodi version I am using is coming from the win10 store, maybe that has something to do with it.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
two things:
1- try this path for kodi from the windows app store: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\KodI
2- if you have tvaddons installed, I assume you mean indigo?, then open indigo and do a factory restore. When it asks you if you want to keep indigo, just click no.
This will remove all addons, repos, and settings from the kodi folder.

If it gives you trouble, try removing or renaming the the other (kodi) folder that you said contains the old addons and then try one of the two ways above again.

Last edited:

Jdavison

Nov 21, 2019
Thx the indigo trick worked great. Now I have confluence skin loaded back up and will reload the addons I had. I am running an HTPC with an 8 core and 32 gigs ram and don't need the fancy tweaks and such the builds use in sticks and boxes. Thx again for the help.