Unreadable Captchas!!!

Vinnydude

Developer
Jan 11, 2013
UK
Has anyone else been finding that captchas for sites like 180upload and vidbux are becoming harder and harder to read.

It's so infuriating!!! I was trying to watch a film last night and it took me so long just to get through the captcha!!!

It's not really a problem with urlresolver, but does anyone have any tips on reading it, or ideas on how we could improve it?

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
yeah, i wonder if they are that difficult to read on the website also? cause some of them are almost impossible to read using the addons depending on the provider site..

Vinnydude

Developer
Jan 11, 2013
UK
I just went and checked on the captchas for 180. It's using a swf (flash) script to show words like 'scrambled egg'. It would be nice to be able to have these words instead of what is currently there. I'll have a look at the 180 script later and try see exactly where they are getting the captcha images from.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
If 180 is using the solvemedia then I believe we are grabbing the image from a non-flash, non-javascript enabled site

So it might be slightly different then what most browsers will show

Maybe there's something in how we request the pages that is negatively affecting us, maybe some additional headers or something to further mask ourselves

Vinnydude

Developer
Jan 11, 2013
UK
Well I had a look today, and the captchas are FAR more legible than they were the day before when it was sucking my will to live! :p

Maybe they have some sort of algorithm that gives harder captchas when there are more people using the site to try and take the strain off a little.

But yeah, they seem to change from being super easy to super hard! :p

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
I could swear I've also seen where they get more complex the more an ip requests the site

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
Supposedly they get more complex when the user displays "bot-like" behaviour. Their website Is pretty propaganda filled