Unroot fire tv. Has anyone unrooted fire tv

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Sounds like you don't want to lose root if you're considering complete bypass. I think it requires root. I'm using the mod launcher from the sticky threads. Never tried the exposed modules but mastafunks guide is easier as I can tell.
Getting back to factory settings shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you reenable updates if you disabled them. But know you might not be able to root again (at least for awhile) since Amazon blocked towel root.
*actually if by complete bypass you mean Llama...I don't think you need root. I will say I did just that awhile back using the classic tv as the sacrificial app and I didn't like it.

Last edited:

crawl

May 7, 2012
Kansas City, MO
I would guess that you'd have to do a factory reset to "unroot". But you'd lose settings, and wouldn't be able to use any XBMC boot mods.

First time I've ever heard such a thing asked....

jose8223

Aug 30, 2014
yeah I didn't mean unroot now that I understand a little better what I ment to say was remove the options I had loaded to load past amazon screen automaticly how would that be done

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Thinking your using a mod launcher? The only one I'm familiar with is mastafunks. If that's the case it's easy just go to android apps select app freeze or whatever u used. Then check the kftv launcher and click "unfreeze" you need a mouse if in fact that's the mod you have.