Untethered jailbreak for version 5.3 is here!

massy086

Sep 19, 2012
dublin(IRELAND)
Hi Guys,

Makes sure u install or your zips before u install the untether from nito because once u install the untether u will loose access too the home foder as it wont open therefore u will only be able to install zips out of fusion or or another installer programme.

i wasted 3 hours before i realized this..

so the advice is run a fresh 5.3 with seas0npass then tether it then add atv flash then add nito xbmc and any other bits u want then go shsh your zips to the home folder of the atv 2 then install them with any hub wizards from fusion or etc

then after that install the untether from nito..

if it wont install and comes up with manually run dkpg then go into nito and manage and install the core utilities from awkward then run the dkpg then it will reboot then install the untether from nito then install it again to make sure it says alrteady latest

then restart lowtide and hey presto u have a untethered atv 2 with all ur zips added

enjoy and thanks to ih8s0w and winic0m for making this happen

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
is this for real how do you do this

is any one going to show us the steps on how to do this or are u people here are all talk

Last edited:

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
UNTETHER works! But there are video streaming issues to be addressed….

Quality issue and choppy non-synched audio on CBS site.

HD movies are not in High Quality…

I would hold off updating any UNTETHERED versions until the issues are solved. But here is how to do it:

install nitotv ( if not already), go to manage-sources- Cydia and install p0sixspwn package, and reboot

untethered should work now

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
this thing is all a lie i have done all the steps my apple tv 2 is still tethered

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
how do i sound foolish when i have tried it on my 5.3 tethered apple tv and it doesn't work what a bunch of crock don't waste peoples time out here shame on you

Chris990

Nov 17, 2013
is this for real how do you do this

is any one going to show us the steps on how to do this or are u people here are all talk
How Disrespectful 👿👿lots of people work hard for us on here and u get all the help for FREE.....

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
how do i sound foolish when i have tried it on my 5.3 tethered apple tv and it doesn't work what a bunch of crock don't waste peoples time out here shame on you
You give 49er fans a bad name, Ace.

I won't sink to your level here and respond any further, but will just say this: When you start calling people "LIARS" and seek their "SHAME," you should really check yourself.

I didn't create this untethered fix, so your accusations mean nothing to me…

You are actually showing your COMPLETE and UTTER FOOLISHNESS by questioning the integrity of Ih8sn0w, Winocm and Squiffypwn -- the brilliant team of jail breakers who ask you for NOTHING in return for coming up with solutions that make your life better.

You are sounding more foolish by the post, ACE.

Last edited:

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
K guys let's get back to the topic, and not the insults.
It won't solve anything usefull, so let's just roll past it.