Updating Amazon Fire TV to Gotham Release Candidate 1 (RC1)

fiddystorms

May 22, 2012
I wanted to know if there is anything I need to consider when updating my Gotham Beta 4 to the Gotham RC1 update. I want to avoid multiple versions being loaded on my Fire TV. I currently have SPMC & another XBMC loaded onto my Fire TV as 2 separate apps (which BTW is awesome if you are watching something you want to pause on one & switch over to the other to watch something else), but I don't want to have 3 versions of the app.

Does that make sense?

fiddystorms

May 22, 2012
Evidently it didn't make much sense. I guess that when I loaded SPMC on to start testing the FireTV & read other posters exclaiming that they were having better luck with the Gotham Beta 4 release, I decided to load it on to compare. I was surprised that I had 2 copies. I thought the Gotham Beta 4 would overwrite the SPMC version, but I ended up with both. If I update to Gotham RC1, am I going to have 3 versions on my FireTV? Or do I need to uninstall Gotham Beta 4 & will that uninstall all of the folders & subfolders associated with it? I'm not too familiar with the Android folder structure & what gets deleted when something is uninstalled.

Esso1001

Apr 27, 2013
Just re install xbmc via adb. You need to use adb install -r and the xbmc apk path. This will just install the new xbmc over the current gotham build on the device without losing any settings

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
i used more than 9 firetv all good today i tried to instal gotham in version one first time 1 channel giving me script error

apple tv is working fine for 1Ch**nel but using gotrham is giving me trouble for 1 channel this time . i also tried in beginning xbmc 14.0 beta same thing i did even factory reset and downloaded gotham still same problem any help thx

Esso1001

Apr 27, 2013
Hmm. Channel 1 is working fine on my iphone in the latest gotham. Havent tried on firetv though. Will check later and get back to you

fiddystorms

May 22, 2012
Thanks again ESSO, worked like a charm. Good thing I waited for the weekend to do it... got myself the real deal Gotham final release. Working nicely on this device which for the record is superior to my aTV2 in every facet.

One last question... is there any way to transfer my Ic*f*lms favorites to the fireTV?