updating from 17.6 to 18.4

bquiet

Oct 29, 2019
using android box android 6,1 and running kodi 17.6. nothing will update from play store just says pending. how do you update to 18.4

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
I've also a spare Box with thesame old software. Bought at a large on-line dealeryearsago,, NOT Ali , but a Dutch/German site! However, updating and upgrading is NOT possible due to internal settings or blocks, I've tried everything that I could. however, Alvin addon An Laplaza addon run perfecty on this spare Box so that's nice. I hope that your Box cán be updated/upgraded, succes !

Tec Diver

Oct 26, 2019
Download the correct apk file (32 bit or 64 bit) move it to the memory stick and plug it into your TV box. Start the TV box and plug in your memory stick and go to the apps. Open the file manager and find your memory stick and the apk file. Just click on it and it will ask you if you want to install the file. Confirm and it will install. I would recommend that you first uninstall your 17.6 version. Go to settings, find the Kodi 17.6 click on it and it will ask you if you want to uninstall Kodi; confirm and done.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Before you uninstall your old version, get the newest stable at Kodi.tv/downloads, put it on your stick, run the apk and see if it updated your older version. \it could be that your original was installed from kodi.tv and will not update from the play store. The worst that can happen is that you will run two versions of Kodi. If this happens, just move your profile folder from your old version to the new version. This way you won't lose anything.