Request Updating Libertmp

roo1262

Feb 19, 2014
I have searched for days on help in updating libertmp on gbox, anyone have any clue or guide? I was able to accomplish the task in windows.

roo1262

Feb 19, 2014
Thanks crzen, tried it, same result. The last thing in topic thread you suggested mentions needing to possibly root the box. Is that what I have to do? If so, how is that done? This is driving me insane!!

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
yeah maybe, my gbox is running 1.1.6. that firmware is prerooted. the ones higher than that have to be rooted. the instructions to do that are on the matricom site. but check to see what firmware version you are running first

roo1262

Feb 19, 2014
Would I still have to update the librtmp file using the method you described in post 2 if I root the box? Would it be easier to go back to firmware 1.1.6 versus rooting? How would I check what firmware I'm using? Thanks crane for all your help and have a great holiday!!

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
Would I still have to update the librtmp file using the method you described in post 2 if I root the box?
yes, unless you installed the new stlable version of Kodi. that should come with the newest librtmp.dll file according to the wiki.

Would it be easier to go back to firmware 1.1.6 versus rooting?
that would depend. both are pretty straight forward from the matricom instructions. hmm, I just thought of this. if you have 1.1.6 you might have to click on the superuser app at least once to activate it. I cant remember but its worth a quick try :)

How would I check what firmware I'm using? Thanks crane for all your help and have a great holiday!!
to find the version, click the OTA Updater and look at whats listed under 'ROM Version'

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Kodi Support 8
B Video Addons 4
H Amazon Fire TV 10