Updating

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
Hi all

I am currently running xbmc on a pivos xios with linux on it version 12.2 I believe 13.1 gotham is the latest version of xbmc correct? I tried following steps to updating to 13.1 but it is still 12.2 Would you be able to direct me to a good step by step guide on how I can go about getting the latest version on my box? Also, I have fusion and the hub wizard with all of the recommended addons, but wish to make sure everything is up to date. How can I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Zach
Thank you.

Last edited:

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
The latest is defibatley 13.1 with 13.2 coming in a few days. In order to get an updated version you need to find a Linux build for that device that is updated to 13.1. Usually a quick Google Search will find it on pivosforums.

I found this:

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4540

You need to discover if you are running M1 or M3 and download the corisponding build (at the bottum of the first post of the link I shared)

Place it on the EXTERNAL SD CARD

ENTER RECOVERY MODE

INSTALL THE BUILD

WIPE THE CACHE

WIPE DALVIC

Reboot.

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
I am pretty sure I followed those steps last time but will try again. If and when I am running 13.1 (I am assuming I can check that in xbmc settings) then just run the fusion installer?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
No that's how you should do it. Check YouTube for HOW TO INSTALL LINUX ON PIVOS XIOS. the big issue is knowing if you have the correct file

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
Basically here is what happens. I put the m3 update.img on the little sdcard which is in a flashdrive and when i start the pivos is recovery mode and go install from sd card its empty as if nothing is there. Do you mean I may not have Linux anymore and that is why it isn't working? I never deleted xbmc just wiped it in the past so not sur why I would not have linux.

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
Instructions on the website you sent me say:

Instructions:

- Flash device using the update.img file from the downloaded zip file

Plus when I open it there is only a .img anyway :(

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Ahhh...Kk. sorry was thinking about my phone. So the issue you are having is finding the file after the fact ...

Have you formatted the sd card?

Do you have a flash drive to see if there is a different experience?

Sorry... Picks xios was doo long acai I vaguely remember all the troubleshooting we did with that thing lol.

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
It's all good man I appreciate the time you are taking to help me. I do have a flash drive should I try formatting a flash drive and using that? Basically when I click update from sdcard in the pivos there is nothing on it? I guess I can try with a flashdrive but I read somewhere it has to be done on a sd card.

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
Nope don't see that but I now have a bigger problem. Since I rest xbmc im trying now to get fusion back and it doesnt seem to be working on PC or on the pivos. Any thoughts?

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
I bought an SD card 8gb downloaded it and put the update.img file into the folder with nothing else there.

@Showgun Is it recommended to run linux on the ftv? Also can the ftv itself along with xbmc on the ftv be updated?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Kodi Support 8
B Video Addons 4
H Amazon Fire TV 10