Upgrade xbmc from Eden to frodo 12.2 on Apple TV 1

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
I use Apple TV 2 all time. My first time to use Apple TV 1 it has Eden I wanna upgrad to frodo
Please how to do it thx

LiquidMercury

May 17, 2012
Kansas
To upgrade to Frodo your going to need to go with a linux build on your atv1, your options are crystalbuntu and openelec the crystalbuntu install is pretty straight forward, download the installer open said installer select your usb thumb drive then it will create the install usb for you. Once that is complete unplug your atv insert the flash drive then give power and the installer will go to work. Crystalbuntu is optimized for 1080 playback (the atv will play at 720 without the card) with the use of a broadcom crystalhd card but is not necessary the wifi will still work without the card as the wireless card has not been removed, if you go the hd route your box will need to be hard wired to receive and internet connection. Thats pretty much it with the install but I would really suggest that you do some research on your own to determine which way is right for you to get started you can head over to crystalbuntu.com or google openelec.

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
i tried crystalbuntu i downloaded the image but when using the scan disk it it did not boot from it so could not instal buntu to my apple tv 1 thx