Upgrading Apple Tv 2 Eden to Frodo

Darwen-Boy

Oct 14, 2013
I want to upgrade my apple TV 2 from eden 11 to Frodo because my apple tv is currently not working and i have been told this will fix it. I have also been told to do a fresh start.
Will i have to do a fresh start and also what is the best way to upgrade the apple tv to frodo

My Log :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=85205

Surfer

Oct 1, 2013
HOW TO UPGRADE XBMC ON YOUR APPLE TV 2

Follow the guide below to upgrade your XBMC on the Apple TV 2. It is a simple process and doesn't require any technical experience. Just be sure to follow the guide exactly.

Requirements:

Apple TV 2 Jailbroken with any version of XBMC installed (Plugged into the TV)
Mac or PC Computer
Nito Installer (Mac Download or PC Download)

1) Download the Nito Installer application onto your computer
2) Launch the Nito Installer
3) Select your Apple TV from the drop down menu
4) Select the option 'Upgrade XBMC'
5) Wait until you have the green checkmark
6) Enjoy! You will now be running the latest version of XBMC on your Apple TV 2

Note: Both the computer and the Apple TV must be connected to the same network when performing this update.

Once you have updated XBMC you will want to download the fresh start add-on which is available on fusion under hub-wizard. Once it's installed you will find the add-on under programs.

Surfer

Oct 1, 2013
Great, just follow the instructions as it should be straight forward. If you experience any issues or have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

catoscar

May 11, 2013
Great post. I need to do the same but was wondering if I can just do it straight through the Nito addon on XBMC? When I look there it says XBMC update available. Can I just hit update and will it do the same as going through Nito installer on my PC?

If I than do a fresh start under fusion in hubwizard option will this not wipe my jailbroken ATV2 ?

Thanks.

Surfer

Oct 1, 2013
Great post. I need to do the same but was wondering if I can just do it straight through the Nito addon on XBMC? When I look there it says XBMC update available. Can I just hit update and will it do the same as going through Nito installer on my PC?

If I than do a fresh start under fusion in hubwizard option will this not wipe my jailbroken ATV2 ?

Thanks.
If you have NitoTV installed on your Apple TV 2 you should be able to update from there. If it doesn't work you will want to use the Nito Installer (HOW-TO above).

Using the fresh start will wipe your XBMC to it's original state and you will loose all add-ons and presets.

boomer

Jan 3, 2013
hi crusader88 can you help me upgrade my friends atv2 from eden to frodo please,have tried ssh and nito both on mac and apple tv but only reboots with everything staying same eden hope you can help

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
hi crusader88 can you help me upgrade my friends atv2 from eden to frodo please,have tried ssh and nito both on mac and apple tv but only reboots with everything staying same eden hope you can help
sure im available fridays or saturdays. did u use nitoinstaller?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Android Boxes 1
T Android Boxes 1
A Kodi Support 3