Upgrading from firestick

robsleeps

Dec 23, 2015
I have an nvidia sheild pre-ordered and it should be here Monday. I am replacing my firestick with the sheild so I have no use for the stick anymore and I'd like to give it to someone. Only problem is that I do not want my amazon account linked to it anymore but I want to keep kodi installed. What am I supposed to do? What do all the sellers do when they sell the "jail broken" sticks to strangers for crazy prices?

cynycl

Oct 30, 2015
You have to set up another fake amazon account or set it up with the account of the new owner. Either that or factory default it and sell as is. Plenty of folk want to set kodi up themselves so its not really a selling point

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
I have an nvidia sheild pre-ordered and it should be here Monday. I am replacing my firestick with the sheild so I have no use for the stick anymore and I'd like to give it to someone. Only problem is that I do not want my amazon account linked to it anymore but I want to keep kodi installed. What am I supposed to do? What do all the sellers do when they sell the "jail broken" sticks to strangers for crazy prices?
you only need to deregister your account on the firestick, sideloaded apps will stay on

whoever you give it to will simply need to reregister the stick with their amazon account name and password

cynycl

Oct 30, 2015
My own paranoia would not be satisfied without a factory reset, but that's just me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Android Boxes 1
T Android Boxes 1
R Kodi Support 3