URL Resolver showing as Orphaned dependency

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I had to reinstall Kodi today due to some issues. When reinstalling I also installed URL Resolver to be sure it was done from tvaddons repo. But when I go to system settings>manage dependencies>url resolver it shows as Orphaned and does not work in any addons that use it. I simply get no premium links.

Using a nVidia Shield

Thanks

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
Just having urlresolver installed for sake of installing is of no use unless if you have any addon installed that uses it.
So if none of your installed addons use urlresolver, it will certainly show up as orphaned

Open the addon.xml from the directory of the addon that you think uses urlresolver and check if urlresolver is even mentioned in the <requires> section. Example shown below
Code:
<requires>
  <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.20.0"/>
  <import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.4.3"/>
  <import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup" version="3.2.1"/>
  <import addon="script.common.plugin.cache" version="2.5.5"/>
  [COLOR="#FF0000"]<import addon="script.module.urlresolver" version="5.0.00"/>[/COLOR]
  <import addon="script.module.youtube.dl" version="17.709.0"/>
  <import addon="plugin.video.f4mTester" version="2.2.3"/>
</requires>

Last edited:

catnap

Nov 4, 2015
I only uses URLResolver.so you can use only one of them?I think URLResolver is TVA and ResolverURL is JSergio.is that right?

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Yes you are right catnap. However, the addons I use installed ResolveURL as a dependency. If I install URL Resolver, it shows as orphaned because no addon uses it.