URLResolver 5.0.35

Brooklyn

Mar 9, 2015
Is this the latest version? Is it compatible with OSMC running Kodi 18.2-RC1? I'm not finding video streams I was finding only a few days ago.

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
5.0.35 is the latest. urlresolver does not find streams. It only resolves the playable stream link when you give it a working embed.
If you are not finding streams, that is up to the addon and not urlresolver

Brooklyn

Mar 9, 2015
Here's the thing... The addon IS finding streams, or at least it's listing a bunch of them, which it wouldn't do without urlresolver. But, when you try to play one, none of them work now..

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
Finding and listing is not urlresolver's job. it is the addon. urlresolver comes into picture when you actually select a link. And that link may or may not work depending on the availablity of the actual file on the streaming site

Reactions: Brooklyn

Brooklyn

Mar 9, 2015
Thanks! I think I'm starting to understand.

1) There's the addon,
2) Which has a list of scrapers(?) to check, (are these hardcoded in the addon?) (with names like ONSERIES, TVBOX, WATCHSERIES, etc.)
3) Which in turn finds sources(?) (like Vidlox, Vshare, Streamango, etc.)
4) And those point to the actual streams on streaming sites?

I'm sure I have the names all wrong, but is this the general model, or are there more layers?

If I knew where this was choking, I might have an idea what to try to find an update for, or what to tweak if I ever figured out how to read and write scripts.

Thanks again.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Knowing that tvbox links don't work, just pick one that works well for you. It could be that the tvbox links have changed and the addon dev has not updated his addon to repair the source scraping. In some addons you can enable or disable some sources, you might be able to disable tvbox there so it stops hanging or displaying links that won't play.