urlresolver needs to be updated for some host sites

rastapapa

Jan 8, 2013
Hello,
I am a newbie who originally posted to the vidics forum because I have been experiencing some errors when trying to access host sites. You can see log errors at line numbers 2472, 2489, and 3058 with my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=73492

thanks to dknlght for identifying that urlresolver needs updating.
I dont understand really whats going on, but I assume that these hosts have changed their request formats and urlresolver needs to do the same? I would like to learn more about the workings of this. Any help, much appreciated.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Yep, novamov and a couple others need an update.. we have another thread where we are chatting about it

rastapapa

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for the clarification. I'd be interested in following the other thread you've mentioned. What is the subject?

I assume that once fixed, there will be a new release of urlresolver that we can install by installing as a zip via the addons system menu.

Looking forward to seeing the update. Thanks for all your great work.

duppyrider

Nov 21, 2012
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Hello Eldorado, I am not familiar with turning on auto update. I have a pivos xios unit running linux build. Frodo installed. Where would enable auto update to get the new updates for the urlresolver. Thanks very much.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Remember this is a development sub-forum

If you don't know how to turn it on, then that means you never turned if off

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
I got BU fixed in current beta, do you have a movreel link? As in point me to an addon + movie or tvshow with a movreel link that I can test against

MR is still working in Ic*f*lms and the two use the same code

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Looks like movreel and billionuploads both need updating as well.
Sorry my bad.. I could have sworn I had just played a movreel link in Ic*f*lms, but tried last night and can see it's broken

I'll take a look, but will be getting this version of urlresolver out first