urlresolver not found?

DarkAngel

Jan 1, 2013
Michigan, USA
Ok, I never get any help anyway because I'm usually 1337 enough at this stuff but I'm at a total loss here...

XBMC 12.2 on WinXP

Ic*f*lms functions fine but it's the ONLY thing.

All Addon's Dependant on URLRESOLVER report Module Not Found in the log.

The script is downloaded and installed as far as I'm aware and I also tried reinstalling it from the hub mantainance.

I'm at a totally fusturating loss on this one as this problem has been plauging this system. I have been debating a complete clear of XBMC and all data but I perfer that as a last resort.

Any addional questions are welcome and I will try to keep up with this thread, though I'm not too active a user here anymore.

Logs shouldn't be completely necessary as I stated XBMC is reporting it's not found though I am sure it is there and accessable.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
If you are sure it's installed there's a couple things you can try... first delete your addons##.db file, it may be out of wack and not have an entry for it

Or you could try manually deleting script.module.urlresolver and addons##.db file, now this may or may not re-download urlresolver.. chances are it won't, but to make it go uninstall an addon that uses it and re-install.. on install of any addon it downloads all of it's dependencies

If that still doesn't cure it, do as I said above and install it manually by grabbing it from here -> http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.module.urlresolver/

DarkAngel

Jan 1, 2013
Michigan, USA
It seemed to fix the general error, I haven't validated that it's completely working yet because addon's that use it took longer than my patients to load anything to test lol.

I never really considered that XBMC databases addon's or how the problem may have arose in the first place. I suppose I should have considered this since scanning the addon folder every launch seems like a poor design choice.

Edit: URLRESOLVER Works fine now. I was able to load a video and the addons that utilize it no longer report the error. (Can't say they all work within my patients but URLRESOLVER is no longer the problem.)

Last edited: