URLResolver Releases - Dev Version

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Current release - 1.1.0 / 2.1.0

Thought it would be nice to have a version of this thread here to be more dev oriented

This is intended to talk about what is currently in URLResolver - what's not - what needs to be fixed etc.

If you need help developing a new resolver then start a new thread to keep this one as clean as possible!

If you have new resolvers, fixes/updates then notify me about them here - I need to keep myself sane by being able to track all the work being done, not everyone is posting to github and it's tough searching thru multiple threads looking for the latest versions to pull in

The best way to keep me working on other things and not organizing this stuff is to push to my github :)

Please only use the master branch!

https://github.com/Eldorados/script.module.urlresolver

Last edited:

nothere

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
Good move. :) I've said before URL resolver is becoming fragmented and should be in one place and the right place. There are too many links to too many resolvers in different sections of the forum at the moment.

Last edited:

akuiraz

May 5, 2012
One question... I see you also have a 'frodo' branch, which hasn't been getting the recent commits merged from 'master', should i merge the branches myself locally or is the 'master' branch ready for XBMC 12.0 (Frodo)?

*** EDIT ***
Sorry, I should have checked the following page before writing this: https://github.com/Eldorados/script.module.urlresolver/compare/master...frodo
If a moderator can delete my post that'd be great, to keep this thread clean ;).

Last edited:

mash2k3

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Baltimore,MD
now that many sites are mixing HD links and SD links for one movie or show. And in order to know which host is HD or SD stream i thought urlresolver would be the place to differentiate between the two. my thinking was if it is and HD stream it will add "HD" after the host name and SD if it is a SD stream. i don't know much about urlresolver so, eldorado or any of you much experienced Devs let me know if thats possible.

thanks

p.s are movreel and billionuploads resolvers added to urlresolver?

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
How will we know if it's HD or SD? There's a chance we can find out at resolve time based on the file name.. but not sure what good that would do at that point in time?

Movreel is in the repo but I haven't been given billionuploads yet.. I'm going to try and find time today or tomorrow to get a new version pushed out with what I have now

mash2k3

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Baltimore,MD
How will we know if it's HD or SD? There's a chance we can find out at resolve time based on the file name.. but not sure what good that would do at that point in time?

Movreel is in the repo but I haven't been given billionuploads yet.. I'm going to try and find time today or tomorrow to get a new version pushed out with what I have now
i dont know thats why i ask, maybe by using the file name , title and size of the file. but there are so many sites for tv shows that mix up their links and there is no way of knowing which one is hd

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Personally I think that defining what type of stream should be down to the addon :), as the scrape will find out what type of stream it is way before urlresolver, UrlResolver is really the last step.

voinage

Banned
May 9, 2012
Not going to happen without testing the portion of the file that contains CodecInfo data then displaying the correct overlay.
A lot of work involved...

Could try the infoLabel I suppose:

ListItem.VideoResolution

Shows the resolution of the currently selected video (possible values: 480, 576, 540, 720, 1080). Note that 540 usually means a widescreen format (around 960x540) while 576 means PAL resolutions (normally 720x576), therefore 540 is actually better resolution than 576.

cenahum

Dec 30, 2012
Brazil
Hi, I understand that is necessary to keep this post as clean as possible but I think that there is a question that is relevant.
Almost people that uses XBMC, walks through both forum here at XBMCHUB and XBMC.org. The urlresolver here has a lot of more sources that the one that is at XBMC.org, in no way both authors can talk looking for the best of the Project?
If the answer is no, sorry but is a shame.
regards
cenahum

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Hi, I understand that is necessary to keep this post as clean as possible but I think that there is a question that is relevant.
Almost people that uses XBMC, walks through both forum here at XBMCHUB and XBMC.org. The urlresolver here has a lot of more sources that the one that is at XBMC.org, in no way both authors can talk looking for the best of the Project?
If the answer is no, sorry but is a shame.
regards
cenahum

Everyone that uses xbmc uses urlresolver, urlresolver is maintaned by Eldorado, Every now and again, when resolvers are fixed or developed they are uploaded to urlresolver github, Eldorado looks at these and if they work, Eldorado sends a pull request to the guys at XBMC.org who then pull the updates and it gets pushed to all.

So everyone will have the updated resolvers when xbmc sends them out, it just so happens that more devs here help the community by creating/updating resolvers and mention it in these forums.

If im wrong im sure someone will put me right.

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
Can someone post a template they use to pass to URL resolver please and ill start having a go

Don't wanna run xbmc to test

which ones are broke ??

Last edited:

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Last edited by a moderator:

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
Eldorado pulled in my change set the other day. As a result, all resolvers are now disableable. All new resolvers must add check the "enabled" setting and return false from valid_url() if it is disabled. All existing resolvers have been updated

cenahum

Dec 30, 2012
Brazil
Everyone that uses xbmc uses urlresolver, urlresolver is maintaned by Eldorado, Every now and again, when resolvers are fixed or developed they are uploaded to urlresolver github, Eldorado looks at these and if they work, Eldorado sends a pull request to the guys at XBMC.org who then pull the updates and it gets pushed to all.

So everyone will have the updated resolvers when xbmc sends them out, it just so happens that more devs here help the community by creating/updating resolvers and mention it in these forums.

If im wrong im sure someone will put me right.
Hi jas0npc,
I know that I have a bad english since is not my language, so sometimes maybe I'm not clear in my writting, but what I said was just because some informations like this one that you wrote need to be write and this clarify to everybody what happens when you see something here and same there.

So, thank you very much for your kindness in answer me.
regards

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Ok guys, after this last little mess with the VeeHD bug I think we need to start taking more care and make sure things are well tested

I'm thinking what I'll do is once I have enough updates/additions to warrant a new release or when other devs/users are asking for XYZ update to get out sooner rather than later then I'll round up a test group to pull latest from git and give it a few days of thorough testing, obviously with emphasis on the pieces that have been changed

Anyone with some ideas on how to organize? Maybe make sure that each addon that utilizes urlresolver is represented, maybe not specifically by the dev but at the very least by someone else competent to test and verify for them

Would like to do the same with metahandlers

With more addons using these core modules we need to be very careful and follow some basic guidelines for new releases

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
That's a hard one. You'll notice that 99% of the people posting problems are new. The reason is in this particular case, if you had the xbmchub repo installed, it just downloaded dailyflix and went on about it's business.

I think the best we can do is a testing repo. All unstable versions move to a 4 octant version system (1.06.05.1) so that they'll automatically overwrite the stable versions on machines they're installed on. Maybe post the link to the testing repo in a private section available to Helpers and above? When we're ready for testing, we push it up to the stable repo and see who squeals? Also, a popup when a new unstable version is installed (once per update) so they know to keep an eye out.

I've got an idea on making the popup only show once per version, just need to sit down and flesh it out

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
I'm up for any testing, I have every device here that xbmc can be in stalled on, iOS,android,PC,raspberrypi and each device gets used on a Dailey basis.