Request URLResolver v4.0.15 Issues

PineNut

Dec 7, 2017
We no longer are getting the majority of the Providers. We have lost probably around 90% of the Providers list that has disappeared. This issue started around the end of Nov and the update of the Resolver to v.4.0.15 has not fixed the situation. Please fix this!!!!!!!!

medievil

Nov 28, 2017
??? if anything I've noticed more and more providers in the last month or so...some I had never heard of no show up at the top of the list..

anyway if you flush the provider list cache it should repopulate

PineNut

Dec 7, 2017
Sorry but clearing Provider Cache did not help. I guess this is the way it is for now. We have used use it for 3 years and never seen it this bad. We hope you can figure it out. Thank you for all the great work you guys do.

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
First of all you could have never used UrlResolver directly as it is not a visible addon anywhere (only visible in system-addon-dependencies)
Secondly it is not a "Provider", it is a "Resolver" as the name says. Your video addons (most of which are banned to be discussed here currently) scrape the web and provide the link and urlresolver resolves it to a playable link for the Kodi Videoplayer.
So if you are not seeing many sources as you used to see, it is because those video addons are not maintained anymore and not "providing" the link to url resolver.

afzal

Jul 19, 2014
but how about the other URLresolvers as some developers have made with different name but may be with same content, just wondering

twa96

Feb 19, 2016
I am getting the exact same issues as PineNut. I have used 5 different add-ons (all maintained and updated) and the issue is still there. I even used vpn that works (i use it for sports with no issues) and still nothing. The problems started with the last two updates. I am getting either a bippity boppity test card or a bunny show when I click on sources. Something is definitely broken with the url resolver and I don't think it can just be put down to add-ons not been maintained.

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
@twa96 your issue is nothing like what PineNut is facing, as he is not seeing many sources which he used to see before, whereas you are seeing sources that do not play (which is a broken urlresolver plugin)
List the sources that display testcards or pigeons or bunnies and someone will take a look and try to fix those particular plugins inside urlresolver

afzal

Jul 19, 2014
hello gujal,

can we use the other urlresolver and merge with official one ? any help

thanks

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
urlresolver 2.x is in the official repository which was developed by t0mm0 who has since retired.
urlresolver 3.x was only in the TVA repo and was maintained by Eldorado and tknorris
urlresolver 4.x was maintained in a different repo by Jsergio which has now been shutdown
TVA are now hosting Urlresolver 4.x and I think Eldorado is helping out (not sure)

What version are you talking about?

afzal

Jul 19, 2014
Yes that what i mean, for instance can we merge ver 2 into ver 4 or vice versa ?
or is there a way to refer or integrate all versions together in one addon ?

for example abc website has a scraper available in ver 2 but not available in ver 4 and somehow they are not compatible with each other

one more thing i would like to know similar to the above issue is if an addon has its own url resolver can we use that to other addons. e.g. mrknow has its own urlresolver

Thanks for your explanation

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
Ver 2 is ancient code and cant be used in v3 or 4. However all resolvers in v2 were implemented in v3
v3 and 4 are interchangeable as it is the same backend on both
It is strange that you found a resolver working in v2 that isn't available in v3 or 4. Can you tell me the exact resolver and I will take a look if it can be ported to v4.

using other resolver is just a matter of importing that resolver in the addon code. This is not for users and is strictly for add on developers who can choose which resolver to use. Script.module.urlresolver (SMU) is the most popular and well maintained library, so many addons started using that as the resolver of choice.

mrknow resolver is also deveoped as a module so you can easily import it into your addon and use it. In fact you could use both SMU and mrknow, if you want to

afzal

Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for your detailed explanation, i think here is the problem

<import addon="script.module.urlresolver" version="1.0.0"/>

each addon has its own addon.xml file where different version causes that problem.

Is it necessary to add the exact version (updated) or can we leave that blank ?

sorry if i misunderstood totally wrong

Thanks

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
The version number means atleast that version or above. So for SMU, I use 3.0.0 (as I dont want SMU2) so it will use any recent version above 3.0.0