Using remote Windows Server as video source?

GRiM

Jan 26, 2014
Hi all,

I'm a XBMC newbie, I searched but couldn't find answer so have created this for some advice, hopefully its in the most appropriate place, If not please move.

I would like to use one of my remote servers as a video source (Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R1) and was wondering what would be the most efficient way of adding servers drives/folder as source.

As far as I remember, sometime last year I was having a play and added source via FTP and HTTP but couldn't seem to rewind/fast-forward etc.

Anybody using a similar setup as me or know what best/other solutions would be?

TIA :)

Intruder

Banned
Jan 10, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a XBMC newbie, I searched but couldn't find answer so have created this for some advice, hopefully its in the most appropriate place, If not please move.

I would like to use one of my remote servers as a video source (Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R1) and was wondering what would be the most efficient way of adding servers drives/folder as source.

As far as I remember, sometime last year I was having a play and added source via FTP and HTTP but couldn't seem to rewind/fast-forward etc.

Anybody using a similar setup as me or know what best/other solutions would be?

TIA :)
Install Plex server would be my advice, I have a hp proliant g7 running Whs 2011 and Plex, my family connect to it with cheapo now TV boxes running Plex client..

GRiM

Jan 26, 2014
Lol... PLEX CLIENT for XBMC integration ???? ;)

Your.sever server setup... SMB? NFS? What's available?
I'm not sure, thats why I created the topic??

I want to stream videos from my remote server via internet to my home XBMC installation on PC.