Using USTVNOWplus along side VidTime

sloweb

Aug 11, 2014
I am curious if there is any type of conflict that can arise from using USTVNOWplus (great addon, btw!) along side the VT TV-USA section of VidTime? I recently got an account error in USTVNOW (using my legit free acct). I tried using the "Force Clear Token" feature - it did not work. I just concluded that maybe the USTVNOW system was having probs. That made me wonder about using both of the addons, back and forth. Not sure just how the clear token thingy works or when to use it. Maybe you can discuss that, if it is appropriate. THNX . . . .

[EDIT] Just cleared token, restarted and all is well again. But would still like to know about using both addons.

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am curious if there is any type of conflict that can arise from using USTVNOWplus (great addon, btw!) along side the VT TV-USA section of VidTime? I recently got an account error in USTVNOW (using my legit free acct). I tried using the "Force Clear Token" feature - it did not work. I just concluded that maybe the USTVNOW system was having probs. That made me wonder about using both of the addons, back and forth. Not sure just how the clear token thingy works or when to use it. Maybe you can discuss that, if it is appropriate. THNX . . . .

[EDIT] Just cleared token, restarted and all is well again. But would still like to know about using both addons.
Thanks, I am glad you enjoy USTVnow Plus!

USTVnow was actually just having some issues on their end. My show got cut off. :)

Now as far as VidTime. There shouldn't be any conflict. In fact VidTime currenly doesn't require any USTVnow Creds to work for the VT TV USA section.

However, I have some major concerns with this section of VidTime. It is doing something very similar to the approach that I took with TV Time before deciding to pull it down. Pulling the streams from USTVnow like this put an extra load on the service that people are paying for. I found that TV Time was getting so much traffic that it was clearly causing issues for USTVnow. That is why I decided to remove the TV Time addon. So just keep in mind that when you are using VidTime you are not only grabbing streams, you are potentially degrading the service for paying customers of USTVnow.

Now as for the Clear Token option in USTVnow Plus. I put that there during a time when USTVnow was doing some updates. I found an odd situation where the login token would allow a user to get the channel list, but not actually stream. Clearing the token seemed to help some. I have not found a situation in quite some time where that is needed any longer, but I have left it in just in case. It doesn't hurt to use it.

Generally speaking if you are seeing issues in USTVnow Plus there are most likely some kind of issues with the USTVnow service going on. I have noticed lately that the History channel doesn't stream as well as the others, but I am hoping that is an short lived issue.

USTVnow seem to be making some additional changes using a new CDN service. I am hoping this will help with better quality and stability.