Bug Ustv now plus won't play

M4t50n

Apr 4, 2017
I'm using the newest version of Kodi Krypton and the newest version ustvnow. I get an error that says one or more items failed to play. This started before I did the update to Krypton. I've tried restarting everything, tried uninstall and reinstall of us TV addon.. I've tried many other things that I found on the internet.. still not working. I can't find a way to post the log here. Last night it was giving errors in the log now it just says warnings. Maybe this is being worked on?

Last edited:

M4t50n

Apr 4, 2017
Would like to also add that I've been to ustvnow website and everything is fine with my account.. also have checked my sign-in info on ustvnow addon and it is all correct.

tapcon3283

Mar 3, 2016
I have run into this issue before myself. I have used a couple of solutions/workarounds to resolve this problem. First, verify that you have installed the latest update of USTVNow Plus and even if it shows that you are running the latest version, re-install the update. If that doesn't correct the issue, I have found that using the USTVNow Guide is a viable workaround and will allow you to play content.

M4t50n

Apr 4, 2017
I've done all of this but thank you. All of my friends started having this same problem and it all started on the same day

kurgan2001

Feb 6, 2016
Try deleting and re-making your free account with the same email and password. I did and then it started working again.

M4t50n

Apr 4, 2017
I may do that as a last resort. I sent a private message to the developer of us TV now add on. Just waiting to hear back.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
If you have a paid account you should contact support and request that your account be moved to a new server. Just tell them that playback is choppy in Chrome. If you have a free account then I would recommend that you create a new one.

I am not sure why but when they make changes it seems to mess up something with authentication. It can be tricky since it doesn't always happen in a web browser since you may be hitting different streams in the browser. I just know that when this happens the above generally fixes things.

M4t50n

Apr 4, 2017
Okay I guess I can do that but I'm still wondering why it happened to all of us suddenly starting two days ago. I have never had this happen since I started using ustvnow quite some time ago.

just_some_guy

Banned
Apr 2, 2017
ok you folks ready for this shit? ustvnow will work on your ipad through safari but will not work on your pc through firefox/ie browser, this has nothing to do with your account, it has to do with someone not wanting to do the work to get this working on firefox/internet explorer. dont believe me? try it out yourself. the kodi add on in kodi v.17 for windows is not working either. you would think that since everyone has interface with a pc at some time in the day, (not to mention that it is standard field equipment for the military) that the windows version would have been the first one that works.

update: kurgan was right, just delete your ustvnow account and use the same criteria to open a new account to use in kodi. website player still does not work on firefox/ie browsers for windows which is still a really shitty deal if you dont have access to a good vpn if out of area. good luck everyone.

update: for firefox users not able to get this to play go into firefox/addons/plugins/shockwave flash (update if necessary)/options/uncheck box for enable adobe flash protected mode then go back to ustv site and refresh browser. yup i agree its alot of bullshit to go through but its what is necessary if you want to watch in a browser. again good luck

Last edited:

jkenned70

Apr 5, 2017
If you have a paid account you should contact support and request that your account be moved to a new server. Just tell them that playback is choppy in Chrome. If you have a free account then I would recommend that you create a new one.

I am not sure why but when they make changes it seems to mess up something with authentication. It can be tricky since it doesn't always happen in a web browser since you may be hitting different streams in the browser. I just know that when this happens the above generally fixes things.
Thank you very much for this information, I'm new to this site and like the OP had tried all kinds of things with no luck. Was getting same errors as he was as well...had to follow your advice and create brand new account with JunkEmail. Hopefully, there is a better solution in the future if this keeps happening...lol don't want to create new emails every few weeks. (first set up only lasted 5-6 weeks)

Free Account
Krypton 17.1

Thank you very much for your support!

WNilly

Apr 6, 2017
It now states on the USTVNOW website that Free accounts can only be viewed thru a browser on a PC. Works fine that way. Should also add that in creating a new account it will only work for 45 days (according to their website) then back to a browser

Last edited:

RAJ484

May 26, 2016
This worked for me!!!!

Try deleting and re-making your free account with the same email and password. I did and then it started working again.
Ok, I went on to the USTVNow website and deleted my account. I waited about an hour and signed up for a free account again, using my same email that I used before. It let me sign up for the free account IN HD FOR 45 DAYS, and then it will return to a standard definition. My last USTVNow account was active since 2014 and Ive been using it on 2 and now 3 different builds of Kodi, 14,16 and and now 17, Thanks for the info. !!!!!!

rvds

Apr 30, 2017
Free account limits Android to 45days use

update: kurgan was right, just delete your ustvnow account and use the same criteria to open a new account to use in kodi.
Note that the terms for a Free Account limits Android use to 45days after initial registration

https://support.ustvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/214146043-How-do-I-watch-USTVnow-on-my-Android-device-

This may be why everyone is "magically" experiencing playback issues in Kodi - which are resolved on deleting and recreating their account. May be at some point account emails will start to be "remembered" after initial creation...

sktn77a

Oct 17, 2015
What a pain! I've given up on the Kodi (Android) version. I have it loaded on my Roku and will see what happens in 45 days.

:confused:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Great news! I think I have it fixed!!!

I will be pushing the update very soon.

If you want to go ahead and try it out you can grab it from here.

http://ustvnowplus.com/current

In the end it still appears that they have some odd issues with their auth system or they are using a very dumb method for trying to limit free users accounts to 45 days. It does appear that after 45 days the quality does drop, but it shouldn't stop you from streaming in the addon. This new update should fix the streaming issues.

Please let me know if this works for those of you who have been having issues with your account.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
mhancoc7

I'm assuming there is an issue with this addon with Kodi 18

I able to open and use the addon, but when I go to update, or remove this addon, it simply freezes up and does nothing but lock Kodi up. Any suggestions on how either to update or uninstall ??

Edit, I figured it out. I had to downgrade back to Kodi 17.6, then I was able to update the addon, and was also able to uninstall. So for now I uninstalled, until it'll be ready for Kodi 18.

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
mhancoc7

I'm assuming there is an issue with this addon with Kodi 18

I able to open and use the addon, but when I go to update, or remove this addon, it simply freezes up and does nothing but lock Kodi up. Any suggestions on how either to update or uninstall ??

Edit, I figured it out. I had to downgrade back to Kodi 17.6, then I was able to update the addon, and was also able to uninstall. So for now I uninstalled, until it'll be ready for Kodi 18.
Yeah I haven't done any work on the addon for Kodi 18.

Thanks for letting me know about your issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K USTVnow 1
C USTVnow 4
C USTVnow 1