Status
Not open for further replies.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
mhancoc7 said:
This thread will be updated with information regarding issues and misconceptions that are being posted on the forums with regard to USTVnow Plus. I will be working to keep this updated with new information as it becomes available so that hopefully we can stop have people guess as to what is going on and why. I am going to close this thread as it is not intended for discussion. I would prefer that discussion be posted to the appropriate existing thread or in a new thread if a new thread is warranted (It isn't always).
[HR][/HR]

1. After 45 days the stream quality will drop for Free Accounts.

True

This used to not be the case, but over the past few months the USTVnow service seems to have made changes that do reduce the quality of the streams in Free Accounts that are over 45 days old. It doesn't matter what the USTVnow Plus quality settings are set to for Free Accounts. If your account is over 45 days old you may only be able to stream in low quality.

[HR][/HR]

2. After 45 days a Free Account can only stream via the USTVnow website.

True

This one took a while to figure out since they are doing this in a way that I didn't expect. It is also somewhat inconsistent since it seems that some Free Accounts seem to continue to work. However, per the USTVnow terms after 45 days you should assume that you will not be able to stream via USTVnow Plus if you have a Free Account.

After 45 days Free Account users may not be able to stream.

If you want to continue to use USTVnow Plus you may either need to upgrade to a Paid account or create a new Free Account.

[HR][/HR]

3. I have to be outside the US to use the USTVnow Plus addon.

False

I am 100% sure this is false! I am in the US and I use the USTVnow Plus addon daily with a Paid Account without issues.

It is true that the USTVnow service states that you must be outside the US, but they do not do any checks for this.

Many users have reported that they see a message in the USTVnow website that says that they are in the US and can't use the service. I have tested this. Basically when you sign up it will ask you for your location. If you select the US it will show you that message. However, you will still be able to use the USTVnow Plus addon to watch their channels.

[HR][/HR]

4. I need to use a VPN if I am in the US.

False

While a VPN may be a good idea for your privacy, it is not needed to use the USTVnow Plus addon if you are in the US. See #3 above for more details.

[HR][/HR]

5. I must be a US citizen to use the USTVnow service.

False

While this is part of their Terms of Service, they do not check your citizenship in any way. If you simply check the box that says you are a US citizen then you can use the service.

[HR][/HR]

6. I can't create a USTVnow account using my email address. The "social" login methods are only allowed.

False (sort of)

This has been reported a number of times and I have seen screenshots where users don't have the email option. The USTVnow support staff has even made statements that this ability is not going to be available for the foreseeable future.

However, I have never been able to replicate it and have created dozens of Free Accounts. Every time I hear this reported I go create a Free Account using an email address just to be sure it is working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.