USTVnow free stops working after upgrade to krypton 17.3

gvilkas

Sep 19, 2016
USTVnow 14.6.6 free stops working after upgrade to krypton 17.3

I had 2 FreeTelly installations on 2 different windows pcs and each had its own USTVNOW free subscription that is/was working. I updated one computer following the instructions on the tvaddons website and it now has krypton 17.3 on it.

minutes before the update ustvnow was working. after the update and yes I put in the old id and password into krypton for ustvnow... it wont play/DOES NOT WORK. I can see the programs in the epg yet when I click on the one I want to watch it just gives me a blank display and then I eventually end up back the epg. rebooted multiple times no change. (if I use a browser I can log in an and watch free no problem)

I am not going to update the 2nd pc to krypton as obviously there is a bug in the krypton ustvnow add-on.

please report this to whomever can fix it. its the version indigo installs. it says ver 14.6.6 right now. Here are the log files admin asked for. starts on line 570 to end of file. https://logs dot tvaddons.co/pexxh9djn

If anyone can suggest a fix it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

George

Last edited:

lycos

May 1, 2017
oy

having the same problem since this afternoon

I had 2 FreeTelly installations on 2 different windows pcs and each had its own USTVNOW free subscription that is/was working. I updated one computer following the instructions on the tvaddons website and it now has krypton 17.3 on it.

minutes before the update ustvnow was working. after the update and yes I put in the old id and password into krypton for ustvnow... it wont play/DOES NOT WORK. I can see the programs in the epg yet when I click on the one I want to watch it just gives me a blank display and then I eventually end up back the epg. rebooted multiple times no change. (if I use a browser I can log in an and watch free no problem)

I am not going to update the 2nd pc to krypton as obviously there is a bug in the krypton ustvnow add-on.

please report this to whomever can fix it. its the version indigo installs. it says ver 14.6.6 right now. Here are the log files admin asked for. starts on line 570 to end of file. https://logs dot tvaddons.co/pexxh9djn

If anyone can suggest a fix it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

George

gvilkas

Sep 19, 2016
Thanks for the thought kipandlee. I have studied both of those before. The point is that I tested the ustvnow five minutes prior to following the tvaddons webpage instructions for the required upgrade. It was working fine. In fact it has been working fine for a year, maybe more.

Did the upgrade following each step... killing the old app, installing the new app. First thing I test five minutes after the upgrade is ustvnow. It does not work. Conclusion... something is wrong with the ustvnow add-on, the script files in it... whatever. certainly the log file has lots of messages in it about ustvnow script errors.

Dont really see the point of upgrading the second pc or any pc to tvaddons/krypton if ustvnow wont work. Just replacing the issue security issue they claim on their web page with another issue that is actually worse as it kills one of the shining lights in tvaddons... ustvnow. My pcs are single purpose machines isolated on a separate network at home so not really worried.

I think I am going to have to figure out how to roll this back to free telly. It would have been nice to run krypton but perhaps tvaddons will get it fixed in 18.