m7kodi.dev
uh oh something is wrong on my update
Updated, closed down Kodi, rebooted Firetv
launched Kodi
Went into EPG guide
It hangs now at Loading data from external source, calculating remaining time
no shows every show up on my grid

Is there a Fix or a clear cache or something to fix this
First be sure that both the USTVnow Plus addon and the USTVnow Guide actually updated. There is an issue in the way they depend on each other that caused neither to update on my box.

If you go to Settings > Addons > Available Updates after the update has been started and see the two addons with Downloading 0% you can just click on the USTVnow Plus one and cancel the download. This will allow the USTVnow Guide to install. Then if you check for updates again the USTVnow Guide will install.

If you are sure you have 14.3.8 of USTVnow Plus and 1.1.8 of USTVnow Guide then do this to reset.

Find the USTVnow Guide under Addons > Program Addons and click it. Then go to Configure or Addon Settings and do a DB Reset. This should fix it.

If not then the guide.xmltv file and the source.db file may need to be manually removed. I set things up to not need any of this, but I only tested on my devices. Maybe something with Firetv.

Thanks

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
If you go to Settings > Addons > Available Updates after the update has been started and see the two addons with Downloading 0% you can just click on the USTVnow Plus one and cancel the download. This will allow the USTVnow Guide to install. Then if you check for updates again the USTVnow Guide will install. If you are sure you have 14.3.8 of USTVnow Plus and 1.1.8 of USTVnow Guide then do this to reset. Find the USTVnow Guide under Addons > Program Addons and click it. Then go to Configure or Addon Settings and do a DB Reset. This should fix it. Thanks
I experienced a similar problem yesterday. I was using Kodi 16.1 on Windows 7 and has automatic updates set to _NOTIFY_. I saw that both USTVNow Plus and the Guide were listed as available updates. I clicked on Update All. Each showed zero percent, I waited but nothing more happened. Each stayed at 0%.

I then went to exit Kodi thinking I would just do a restart. But Kodi froze and even after forcing it closed using Windows Task Manager Kodi remained running in the background. I had to shut it down by clicking on the Processes Tab and shutting Kodi down in the Images column.

I am detailing this because all of it seemed like what had to be done just to get out of Kodi. I didn't know any better way.

But there was a much better way (thanks to you). I read your post above (the part that is quoted here above) and restarted Kodi and followed your advice. Everything worked as you explained and everything is back to normal.

So thank you for your advice but you might want to look at your update because this update might cause others to experience similar or same problems.

Oh, and THANK YOU for this really nice addon.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I experienced a similar problem yesterday. I was using Kodi 16.1 on Windows 7 and has automatic updates set to _NOTIFY_. I saw that both USTVNow Plus and the Guide were listed as available updates. I clicked on Update All. Each showed zero percent, I waited but nothing more happened. Each stayed at 0%.

I then went to exit Kodi thinking I would just do a restart. But Kodi froze and even after forcing it closed using Windows Task Manager Kodi remained running in the background. I had to shut it down by clicking on the Processes Tab and shutting Kodi down in the Images column.

I am detailing this because all of it seemed like what had to be done just to get out of Kodi. I didn't know any better way.

But there was a much better way (thanks to you). I read your post above (the part that is quoted here above) and restarted Kodi and followed your advice. Everything worked as you explained and everything is back to normal.

So thank you for your advice but you might want to look at your update because this update might cause others to experience similar or same problems.

Oh, and THANK YOU for this really nice addon.
Thanks for letting me know. I am very glad that you got it working.

I am looking at how best to fix this. I am a bit confused since I thought I set the dependencies correctly. I didn't see this issue on the initial release. I will probably push a minor update to the USTVnow Guide and see if that has an issue updating. I believe that will fix the issue, but really not 100% sure.

I will also update the original post with the info on getting past the issue if you encounter it.

Thanks again!

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
Thought I would test this again. I uninstalled both USTVNow Plus and the Guide then restarted Kodi. I installed the addon from Fusion's AddOn Installer > Featured Apps. Automatic updates fired and made an update. There were NO PROBLEMS with the update. The result is USTVNow Plus version 14.3.8 and the Guide version is 1.1.9.

Hope this helps.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thought I would test this again. I uninstalled both USTVNow Plus and the Guide then restarted Kodi. I installed the addon from Fusion's AddOn Installer > Featured Apps. Automatic updates fired and made an update. There were NO PROBLEMS with the update. The result is USTVNow Plus version 14.3.8 and the Guide version is 1.1.9.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for testing this!! I just pushed updates for both addons to try and fix the issues. Basically just bumped the version numbers.

Looks like you got the latest USTVnow Guide version. You are one version behind on the USTVnow Plus addon. So if you can try to update it that would be great. It isn't really necessary since the only difference is the version number. Just want to be sure you are able to update it.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
No update... I even tried manual update but TVaddons shows 14.3.8 as the latest version and even if I manually click on the update option it still ends up being 14.3.8.

Want me to try again at a later time? Right now it is 2:10 PM Central time.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
No update... I even tried manual update but TVaddons shows 14.3.8 as the latest version and even if I manually click on the update option it still ends up being 14.3.8.

Want me to try again at a later time? Right now it is 2:10 PM Central time.
It is really not a big deal. It is probably just a server cache thing. Eventually you will get the update assuming you have auto updates setup. Or if you try later.

Since it isn't even a real update (just bumped version numbers) I wouldn't worry too much. It seems to have fixed the dependency issues in my tests.

Thanks again

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
uh oh something is wrong on my update
Updated, closed down Kodi, rebooted Firetv
launched Kodi
Went into EPG guide
It hangs now at Loading data from external source, calculating remaining time
no shows every show up on my grid

Is there a Fix or a clear cache or something to fix this
Hey man, did you get this fixed?

Just wanted to check to see how it was going for you.

Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I would like to see if there are any USTVnow Plus/USTVnow Guide users who would like to provide a testimonial for the USTVNow Plus website. I have already received a few, but would love to put a few more since there have been a ton of updates in the last several updates.

If you would like to provide one please PM me with a short testimonial. Also let me know if you are ok with me using your forum username or not. If not I can just put TVADDONS forum member.

Thanks in advance

Joe_Dirt

Jul 27, 2015
This may be user error/ignorance but it seems whether or not I have the OSD menu enabled or disabled it doesn't seem to make a difference. In the past when I used FTV Guide if I had the OSD menu enabled, while something was playing I could press the context menu button on my remote and it would shrink whatever I was watching so I could see the guide. However with the USTVnow Guide the context menu button just brings up the Kodi "now playing" screen. Am I missing something? Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
This may be user error/ignorance but it seems whether or not I have the OSD menu enabled or disabled it doesn't seem to make a difference. In the past when I used FTV Guide if I had the OSD menu enabled, while something was playing I could press the context menu button on my remote and it would shrink whatever I was watching so I could see the guide. However with the USTVnow Guide the context menu button just brings up the Kodi "now playing" screen. Am I missing something? Thanks
Not sure what you mean by context menu button. I use a mini keyboard remote. So for me on FTV Guide and USTVnow Guide if I have the OSD menu enabled I can hit Esc while watching and the video shrinks so I can view the guide.

Joe_Dirt

Jul 27, 2015
Not sure what you mean by context menu button. I use a mini keyboard remote. So for me on FTV Guide and USTVnow Guide if I have the OSD menu enabled I can hit Esc while watching and the video shrinks so I can view the guide.
Thanks, that helped me figure it out. With FTV Guide I could press the menu/context button (3 horizontal lines) on my remote but with Ustvnow Guide it's the back/return button. Same functionality different button. Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thanks, that helped me figure it out. With FTV Guide I could press the menu/context button (3 horizontal lines) on my remote but with Ustvnow Guide it's the back/return button. Same functionality different button. Thanks
Cool! Glad you got it working. I didn't think I made any changes to cause that sort of thing. So glad you let me know.

Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have updated the USTVnow Guide addon so the channels are always in alphabetical order. I think this makes things cleaner.

Hope you enjoy

Joe_Dirt

Jul 27, 2015
The channel list data doesn't seem to be loading for me in the guide. I tried resetting the database. It just hangs on loading. The "live tv" section in ustvnow plus works fine. It's just something with the guide. Any ideas? Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
The channel list data doesn't seem to be loading for me in the guide. I tried resetting the database. It just hangs on loading. The "live tv" section in ustvnow plus works fine. It's just something with the guide. Any ideas? Thanks
Yeah there was an issue with the server that generates the xmltv file. I am working on it now. I have updated the xmltv file manually just a few minutes ago. Be sure that your download interval is set to every start to be sure you grab the latest one. Generally it is ok to have it set to every 12 hours however since the server failed you will need to grab it fresh.

Joe_Dirt

Jul 27, 2015
Yeah there was an issue with the server that generates the xmltv file. I am working on it now. I have updated the xmltv file manually just a few minutes ago. Be sure that your download interval is set to every start to be sure you grab the latest one. Generally it is ok to have it set to every 12 hours however since the server failed you will need to grab it fresh.
Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply