Release USTVnow Guide

glenn536

Mar 27, 2017
My Ustvnow free account isn't working now. The guide comes up but none of the shows will play. Since yesterday.What can I do

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
My Ustvnow free account isn't working now. The guide comes up but none of the shows will play. Since yesterday.What can I do
If you have a paid account you should contact support and request that your account be moved to a new server. Just tell them that playback is choppy in Chrome. If you have a free account then I would recommend that you create a new one.

I am not sure why but when they make changes it seems to mess up something with authentication. It can be tricky since it doesn't always happen in a web browser since you may be hitting different streams in the browser. I just know that when this happens the above generally fixes things.

Scott00007

Jun 2, 2014
Hey mhancoc7....I see you're fielding a lot questions about your addon working or not.....I just want to say that I have had no issues at all and am very grateful for the work you have and continue to put into this addon!

Thank you so much!!!

openset

Apr 2, 2017
Thanks for your excellent work on this addon. Please look at my post #762 on the [RELEASE] USTVnow Plus thread.
Based on 3 logs which all show similar errors I wonder if it might have something to do with the token in the Advanced settings.

I'm a retired SW developer so am willing to help try track this down with some guidance.

I know a number of programming languages and have the O'Reilly Python book but have never used the language. Anyway learning a new language is no big deal.

(Sorry for posting in different threads but am just learning this message system and the various threads to use.)

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thanks for your excellent work on this addon. Please look at my post #762 on the [RELEASE] USTVnow Plus thread.
Based on 3 logs which all show similar errors I wonder if it might have something to do with the token in the Advanced settings.

I'm a retired SW developer so am willing to help try track this down with some guidance.

I know a number of programming languages and have the O'Reilly Python book but have never used the language. Anyway learning a new language is no big deal.

(Sorry for posting in different threads but am just learning this message system and the various threads to use.)
I will take a look. Thanks for your help troubleshooting.

pdcs80

Apr 15, 2017
USTVNow Plus and Guide are by far my favorite and most-used Kodi addons. Thank you for your effort, I appreciate it!

I noticed that some channels no longer appear on the Guide: CNN, ESPN, Lifetime, TBS, TNT.

I did some digging and traced it down to the guide download at (http) mhancoc7.offshorepastebin.com/guide/premium/guide.xmltv... This xml file no longer includes those channels. I am guessing that it is generated automatically and some upstream fields changed.

I hope this helps and thanks again.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
USTVNow Plus and Guide are by far my favorite and most-used Kodi addons. Thank you for your effort, I appreciate it!

I noticed that some channels no longer appear on the Guide: CNN, ESPN, Lifetime, TBS, TNT.

I did some digging and traced it down to the guide download at (http) mhancoc7.offshorepastebin.com/guide/premium/guide.xmltv... This xml file no longer includes those channels. I am guessing that it is generated automatically and some upstream fields changed.

I just noticed this too. I am working on a fix. Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev

Should be fixed now. So when the guide updates next it should show all the channels correctly.

thom

Sep 5, 2015
I just posted on your USTV NOW PLUS thread, then thought to look here. Works fine on Android but guide won't load just keeps spinning.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I just posted on your USTV NOW PLUS thread, then thought to look here. Works fine on Android but guide won't load just keeps spinning.
Try doing a DB reset in the USTVnow Guide addon. Sometimes things get messed up and that generally resolves the issue.

hamminator

Aug 1, 2016
USTV has added several new channels to their service, around how long will it take to add them to your plugin?

Edit: sorry another poster already sent you a message - i'll just wait until it's ready...keep up the good work

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
The USTVnow Guide should now be updated. You will need to do a DB reset in the USTVnow Guide addon to be sure to clear the old channels that were removed. I also recommend setting the download interval to every start.

I will be updating the USTVnow Plus addon itself with some fixes for this new line up very soon as well.

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
Mmm......since the channel shake-up I've not been able to load the guide at all--just channel icons and times across the top..a spinning "calculating the remaining time", but no progress bar movement. I've tried resetting the database. Same problem on both Win and Android platforms. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the guide?

I don't think it would make a difference since the guide comes from you, not USTVNow, but I do have only a free account (and have kept it to maintain my DVR points, even though I can't watch live TV any longer).

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Mmm......since the channel shake-up I've not been able to load the guide at all--just channel icons and times across the top..a spinning "calculating the remaining time", but no progress bar movement. I've tried resetting the database. Same problem on both Win and Android platforms. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the guide?

I don't think it would make a difference since the guide comes from you, not USTVNow, but I do have only a free account (and have kept it to maintain my DVR points, even though I can't watch live TV any longer).
I just found the issue and corrected it. Should be working now. Might need another DB reset, but I don't think so. I basically had a typo in the service that generates the xmltv file for Free accounts. I didn't see the issue at first because I use a Paid account for most things.