Release USTVnow Guide

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
USTVnow has removed NBC, NBCSN, and CNBC. I am not sure if this is permanent. However, when I contacted them they told me that it was a change that was "outside of their control". So I imagine these channels will not be coming back anytime soon.

I would recommend that everyone go into the USTVnow Guide settings and do DB Reset. This will ensure that those channels will not show up in the guide.

Last edited:

Trespasser

Nov 2, 2015
Hi M7,
Well, it looks like USTVNow has taken down ABC, as well. It's not in the channel listing this morning. I don't know if it's permanent or not. Time will tell, but I suspect it's gone for good just like all the NBC related stations.

You don't think USTVNow is slowly shutting down, do you? It is odd to say the least.

Later...

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi M7,
Well, it looks like USTVNow has taken down ABC, as well. It's not in the channel listing this morning. I don't know if it's permanent or not. Time will tell, but I suspect it's gone for good just like all the NBC related stations.

You don't think USTVNow is slowly shutting down, do you? It is odd to say the least.

Later...
I still see ABC. It isn't working though. Very odd.

Trespasser

Nov 2, 2015
My bad. ABC is showing again and is working.

Obviously changes are occurring at USTVNow. Might take a bit of time for it to settle down.

Later...

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
NBC channels appear to be back. You may have to do a reset again for the guide.

I am also pushing an update soon that changes the Reset to be more comprehensive of a reset. This resolves some issues if the server side changes some things for the guide. Also updating the Settings link in the USTVnow Guide context menu to go to the USTVnow Plus settings. This makes more sense to me since that is where most of the meaningful settings are. Plus I am pushing an update to the USTVnow Plus addon to have a way to get to the USTVnow Guide settings. This flow is more logical to me.

Hope you enjoy

thom

Sep 5, 2015
NBC was back but gone again on both Android and their web site on computer.

I wonder if NBC requested it be taken down?

thom

Sep 5, 2015
What am I doing wrong. NBC is gone on Android and there site on windows and my Iphone.

thom

Sep 5, 2015
I deleted my account and signed up again on their site on the computer and still no NBC on iphone, windows or your addon on Android.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I deleted my account and signed up again on their site on the computer and still no NBC on iphone, windows or your addon on Android.
It must only be on free accounts. I checked the website and I don't see NBC, MSNBC, or NBCSN listed. However, when I log in with my paid account I get them.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
So apparently the following channels are no longer included for free or paid customers.

NBC, CNBC, NBCSN

They are still providing these to paid customers with accounts that were opened before the change. I am not sure what they are doing with free accounts opened before the change.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
So apparently the following channels are no longer included for free or paid customers.

NBC, CNBC, NBCSN

They are still providing these to paid customers with accounts that were opened before the change. I am not sure what they are doing with free accounts opened before the change.
I'll let you know once I get home in 30 Min, I'll check my account and see, have not used it in a while, I'll report back.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I'll let you know once I get home in 30 Min, I'll check my account and see, have not used it in a while, I'll report back.
Here you go, made it back soon, I get NBC on my free account and it is working. See below screenshot

FYI, tried posting image URL inline, but it doesn't show, so see below link instead

https://app.box.com/s/geh8wf6tnh6rei8nzua54rnl6o5fl27y
Thanks for checking. Looks like accounts that had NBC before the change will keep NBC whether they are paid accounts or free.

Really appreciate you checking.

GGR

Dec 4, 2017
Hi All, keep up the great work!

1- NBC is no longer showing up on the USTVnow website for free or paid accts - I lost it last week, oh well there is always MIC
2nd: USTVnow Guide hasn't been working since mid week: Jarvis 16.1, Python 2.6.5, USTV Now Plus 14.8.9, USTV Now Guide 1.3.5 Reset the DB, no change - just hangs on 'Loading Data From USTVnow Plus Service". Unistalled Plus and the Guide, re-installed, no change still hangs as noted.

'Cheers

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev

1- NBC is no longer showing up on the USTVnow website for free or paid accts - I lost it last week, oh well there is always MIC
2nd: USTVnow Guide hasn't been working since mid week: Jarvis 16.1, Python 2.6.5, USTV Now Plus 14.8.9, USTV Now Guide 1.3.5 Reset the DB, no change - just hangs on 'Loading Data From USTVnow Plus Service". Unistalled Plus and the Guide, re-installed, no change still hangs as noted.

'Cheers
USTVnow has removed NBC from the lineup. Existing paid customer were grandfathered in.

I will look at the guide issue. I think I know what caused it. I updated the guide to be pulled from https. That may not work on Jarvis and prior versions of Kodi. I may just revert that change.

Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev

'Cheers
I have just pushed an update for USTVnow Guide. This should allow you to change the download method in the USTVnow Guide settings. The default will be to not use https. So it should fix your issues. (assuming your issues are caused by the change that I previously made to use https)