USTVNOW login failure - check your credentials message

Mondomx

Aug 24, 2016
And now it works again.

I am on holiday so I will have to check things more closely later. However I just tested my paid account and everything works great. I would suspect that there is something going on with your account itself that is causing the issue.

Try and create a new account with a dummy email address and see if that account works. If so then there must be something with the other account.

I guess it could be possible that they have added some extra authentication logic that hasn't rolled out to all accounts. I will have to dig in more once I am back home.
Hi! So I tried it again this morning, no changes to user/password or anything in the config settings and it works fine now. So I'm guessing its some sort of intermittent logon stuff, like the captcha on the website, sometimes it asks for one and sometimes it doesn't.

Much appreciated tho! This is the perfect plugin I was looking for and it works amazing! :3

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi! So I tried it again this morning, no changes to user/password or anything in the config settings and it works fine now. So I'm guessing its some sort of intermittent logon stuff, like the captcha on the website, sometimes it asks for one and sometimes it doesn't.

Much appreciated tho! This is the perfect plugin I was looking for and it works amazing! :3
I am very glad to hear that! Thanks for the kind feedback and letting me know.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
It is odd, because it worked fine for me on the add-on some 8 hours ago that I downloaded the add-on and installed it, but rightnow I keep getting the "Connection failed!" message and to "check the logs!"
I finally got my account password reset yesterday, and there was about a 1 hour period yesterday where I could not get anything to stream from US TVnow then it cleared up and worked as it should later on, so I suspect it's an issue on their end...

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I finally got my account password reset yesterday, and there was about a 1 hour period yesterday where I could not get anything to stream from US TVnow then it cleared up and worked as it should later on, so I suspect it's an issue on their end...
Very glad to hear that. Thanks for letting me know.

aftershocks

Aug 5, 2016
Hi mhancoc7...

I'm having the same issue here... For some reason, I cannot login via ustvnow plus... My account expired so I created a new test account.. I was able to login successfully via www.ustvnow.com website.. I can even watch TV through the site.... But when I tried via the Kodi plugin, it throws the "CONNECTION FAILED! Please check your login credentials and try again" message... I even tried flushing the token in settings.. But no luck... Have you ever came across this issue?

Thanks!

aftershocks

Aug 5, 2016
oh.. i got it working again.... i think there is something wrong with their authentication on their end... i had to change my password before i can log in... strange! i think it's a bug on their end...

Thanks!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
oh.. i got it working again.... i think there is something wrong with their authentication on their end... i had to change my password before i can log in... strange! i think it's a bug on their end...

Thanks!
Hi mhancoc7...

I'm having the same issue here... For some reason, I cannot login via ustvnow plus... My account expired so I created a new test account.. I was able to login successfully via www.ustvnow.com website.. I can even watch TV through the site.... But when I tried via the Kodi plugin, it throws the "CONNECTION FAILED! Please check your login credentials and try again" message... I even tried flushing the token in settings.. But no luck... Have you ever came across this issue?

Thanks!
Very glad that you got it working. Yeah they have some strange things that happen from time to time. I am also noticing that they are making some changes to how the deliver streams. So there may be some weirdness coming that I will have to work with.

Thanks for letting me know you got it working.

minnie1001

Mar 31, 2016
I had a problem getting it working with out a nag message, devices that said log in credentials sucked, logged into the "official" website, http://watch.ustvnow.com/guide went back and rechecked the devices saying hell no to the log in, and they all connected just fine. You don't need to change your password. Log in to http://watch.ustvnow.com/guide and go from there. Was up mhancoc7! Been a while.