USTVNOW not working at all.

mrhud

Dec 26, 2012
Mine is working fine in Canada....just in time for the Superbowl!

XBMC 12.3 on ATV2 on a wireless connection. 750kbps ramp.

Good luck everyone. Go Hawks

Jackson

Mar 8, 2013
Nope, conveniently down today..won't load at all. I'm using Filmon through FTV.. Buffers at times, but watchable.

FORD

Oct 24, 2013
I had a feeling they would pull the same crap they did during one of the earlier playoff games and cut off all the "free" subscribers, so I didn't even chance it, and went elsewhere for the game.

If this crap happens during the Olympics, I probably wouldn't shed any tears over that one, since I doubt I'll watch all that much of it anyway. Now, when March Madness rolls around..... that's another story.

mike8913

Jul 7, 2014
was there ever a resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same no response-like problem, nothing in the log thats helpful.

DADEO

Jul 16, 2014
was there ever a resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same no response-like problem, nothing in the log thats helpful.
Can't shed any light but wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat and I think we're taking on passengers.
Anybody out there to shed the light?

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
My USTVNOW free subscription has continued with no issues whatsoever.

Folks DO understand that when your free trial ends, USTVNOW will boot you off.... just seconds after you connect. It can be confusing and lead one to initially think there is an issue with the site itself. There isn't.

Is that what people are experiencing?

I ask because there have been no systemic issues with USTVNOW at all.

Last edited:

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
My USTVNOW free subscription has continued with no issues whatsoever.

Folks DO understand that when your free trial ends, USTVNOW will boot you off.... just seconds after you connect. It can be confusing and lead one to initially think there is an issue with the site itself. There isn't.

Is that what people are experiencing?

I ask because there have been no systemic issues with USTVNOW at all.
My thoughts exactly. ;(

mastafunk

Jun 24, 2014
In my experience its more of a usage issue.. I have been using the same account for over a year now. On months of heavy usage inevitably I end up getting kicked out after about 5 secs. I just stop using for a while and it seems to reset. So I've taken to using it only when I need to.

rossdret

Mar 31, 2013
In my experience its more of a usage issue.. I have been using the same account for over a year now. On months of heavy usage inevitably I end up getting kicked out after about 5 secs. I just stop using for a while and it seems to reset. So I've taken to using it only when I need to.
If you have the free account you need to go to settings and change the bandwidth to the lowest setting. Its capped for free users. Instead I recommend getting an HD antenna and a video capture card for your HTPC if you have a PC. Its awesome in xbmc!

mastafunk

Jun 24, 2014
If you have the free account you need to go to settings and change the bandwidth to the lowest setting. Its capped for free users. Instead I recommend getting an HD antenna and a video capture card for your HTPC if you have a PC. Its awesome in xbmc!
This is true at 750k I get to watch longer.. It seems to be a monthly bandwidth limit.. So watch higher quality for short times or lower quality for longer..

rossdret

Mar 31, 2013
This is true at 750k I get to watch longer.. It seems to be a monthly bandwidth limit.. So watch higher quality for short times or lower quality for longer..
Their website should explain it. But I know if you set it at the lowest level it's unlimited. Have you used genesis addon from lambda's repo? If you don't mind not watching live you can pretty much watch anything in HD.

FORD

Oct 24, 2013
Given the sudden collapse of Aereo and apparently the legal repercussions of that horrible court decision rippling out to FilmOn (and FTV apparently as well) there's probably been a lot more demand on the USTVNow servers in the last few weeks. Fortunately, there's nothing on TV in the summer that I really need to watch live, but I hope it's working better when football season rolls around in another month or so.