USTVNOW (Paid Subscription) not working on Kodi

db682

May 15, 2017
I've had USTVNOW on Kodi for about 2 years now and have a paid subscription for USTVNOW. We left town on Friday and USTVNOW was working on Kodi. Got back yesterday and it's not. As another user mentioned, when you go into guide and pick the show/channel the little loading symbol thing spins for a while, then the screen goes black and a couple seconds later it takes you back to the guide. If you do it on the Live View selection screen the loading symbol starts for a second then immediately goes back to the live view selection screen again.

I just tried it online direct thru the USTVNOW website and it working thru my PC. It's not working on either of my Android phones or TV thru Kodi though.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

db

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I've had USTVNOW on Kodi for about 2 years now and have a paid subscription for USTVNOW. We left town on Friday and USTVNOW was working on Kodi. Got back yesterday and it's not. As another user mentioned, when you go into guide and pick the show/channel the little loading symbol thing spins for a while, then the screen goes black and a couple seconds later it takes you back to the guide. If you do it on the Live View selection screen the loading symbol starts for a second then immediately goes back to the live view selection screen again.

I just tried it online direct thru the USTVNOW website and it working thru my PC. It's not working on either of my Android phones or TV thru Kodi though.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

db
Are you using the latest version of USTVnow Plus?

It maybe the issue that others have had with the authentication token. I have mainly seen it with free accounts but I have had the issue with my paid account before.

If it is that issue the only way to fix it is to ask USTVnow to move your account to a new server. Just don't mention kodi since they will just say that they don't support it.

It could be another issue but I would need a log or more information to be sure.

db682

May 15, 2017
I put in a request for a server change on my account based on my Smart TV authentication issues. I'll let you know where that gets me. USTVNOW used to have a token reset button. What happened to that feature?

db682

May 15, 2017
They switched (updated) the servers on my account already. It didnt fix the problem.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I put in a request for a server change on my account based on my Smart TV authentication issues. I'll let you know where that gets me. USTVNOW used to have a token reset button. What happened to that feature?
That feature has been removed because it doesn't really work the way it was intended. Basically for some reason the auth tokens can get into a state where they can do everything but stream. I have logic in now that will check to see if a stream can be retrieved using the stored token. If not it will get a new one. However I don't see a way to force USTVnow to provide a new one. Instead the addon addon simply re-auths your get a token. Usually this is the same one

They switched (updated) the servers on my account already. It didnt fix the problem.
Hmm... If you want to PM me your creds it would help me troubleshoot. Then you could change the password later. Up to you.

Also can you check to be sure what version you are using? Just open USTVnow Plus and click on Settings. There you can get the version. Be sure to click on settings from within the addon as the details are all updated upon opening from there.

db682

May 15, 2017
USTVNOW plus 14.6.2
Ive tried it on multiple Kodi devices and they are all a no-go. I ended up having to wireless link my phone to my TV and log on thru the website to watch USTVNOW tonight.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
USTVNOW plus 14.6.2
Ive tried it on multiple Kodi devices and they are all a no-go. I ended up having to wireless link my phone to my TV and log on thru the website to watch USTVNOW tonight.
A log file might help shed some light on things. Also my offer to troubleshoot further using your creds is open. I understand if you prefer not to send me that information even temporarily. There is just a limit to what I can do otherwise.

db682

May 15, 2017
I cant pm yet i guess. Dont see any buttons or links to pm you. Probably need to get my post count up.

db682

May 15, 2017
check your messages just replied. USTVNOW works thru the Cas**way App but not the USTVNOW App. Now I'm really mind blown.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
check your messages just replied. USTVNOW works thru the Cas**way App but not the USTVNOW App. Now I'm really mind blown.
I will reply shortly.

Very interesting that Cas**way is working.

I have taken a look and I can't see why this would be. However I am going to try and add the login method used by Cas**way as an alternate login method.

The way USTVnow Plus works now is to first try to use the stored token and if it can retrieve some basic account information it then attempts to grab a stream. If that works the stored token is used. If it fails the addon reauths to get a new token. Problem is that USTVnow sometimes just gives back the same messed up token. So maybe the way Cas**way auths is somehow different.

Fingers crossed.

db682

May 15, 2017
Cas**way worked flawlessly. I was mirroring Deadliest Catch thru Cas**way ustvnow to a tv in my gym while my wife was watching some bravo show thru Cas**way ustvnow on the smart tv. N in the living room. No buffering, hd picture, no problems. We need to figure out the ustvnow app though because we miss the guide. Let me know what you need from me and ill try and help however i can. Thanks for working on this for me.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Cas**way worked flawlessly. I was mirroring Deadliest Catch thru Cas**way ustvnow to a tv in my gym while my wife was watching some bravo show thru Cas**way ustvnow on the smart tv. N in the living room. No buffering, hd picture, no problems. We need to figure out the ustvnow app though because we miss the guide. Let me know what you need from me and ill try and help however i can. Thanks for working on this for me.
Ok something just doesn't make sense.

I tested the login method that Cas**way uses and it doesn't have any impact on the token that is generated. I would really need to be able to test with your creds to see what is going on here. I still have the creds of a free account that was in this state and using the Cas**way method to login didn't help one bit. I am curious as to why your account works in Cas**way but not USTVnow Plus. Have you tried it again in USTVnow Plus since?

db682

May 15, 2017
Sent you a PM with my login. Let me know what you figure out. We dont watch USTVNOW on anything but Kodi so if you cant get it figured out then I may just cancel the service since there are so many newer ones out now with more options. For $5 more a month DirectTV Now looks real enticing for 60 channels.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Sent you a PM with my login. Let me know what you figure out. We dont watch USTVNOW on anything but Kodi so if you cant get it figured out then I may just cancel the service since there are so many newer ones out now with more options. For $5 more a month DirectTV Now looks real enticing for 60 channels.
Thanks for sending your creds. So I found the issue!! Well I found an issue. I am not sure if it will fix everyone's issue, but it will definitely fix yours.

Be sure that your email address is entered in all lower case. Apparently the USTVnow API doesn't like any uppercase letters in the email. I will be updating the addon to force lower case.

Thanks

db682

May 15, 2017
FIXED IT! You are the man. Thank you dude. Thats awesome. That one damn letter had me on the verge of crazy. Thanks again dude for everything you do. You guys make Kodi great and keep it working like its supposed to.

Last edited: