USTVnow Plus FAQ

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
What is USTVnow?

USTVnow is a service that provides the ability to stream and even record US Television content legally in HD for FREE!

<< Sign-up For Free >>

Note: Be sure to sign-up using an email address. The USTVnow Plus addon doesn't support USTVnow accounts created using a "social media" account.
[HR][/HR]
What is USTVnow Plus?

USTVnow Plus is a new Kodi addon that provides USTVnow customers the ability to watch the US Channels provided by USTVnow. Unlike previous USTVnow addons, USTVnow Plus utilizes the same API endpoints as the USTVnow website. What does that mean? Well, instead of pulling up a web page in the addon and scraping the data needed, USTVnow Plus actually uses the same system as the USTVnow website. This allows for more integration of the features from the USTVnow website and means that when new features are released they can be more easily added to the addon.

[HR][/HR]
Can I record using USTVnow Plus?

YES!

One of the major advancements in USTVnow Plus is the ability to record shows directly from the addon. This requires either DVR Referral points for non-DVR accounts or DVR account at USTVnow. Users can also set TV Shows to recurring directly from the addon!

[HR][/HR]
TV Guide?

The TV Guide section is powered by the USTVnow Guide which is installed automatically when the latest release of USTVnow Plus is installed. The USTVnow Guide addon also allows for setting recordings directly!

[HR][/HR]
Movie Sections?

The Movie sections recreate the Movies page here: watch.ustvnow.com/movies
The Movie sections also allow for full recording capabilities. This allows you to easily look ahead to set recordings.

Movies On Now: Just like it says. These movies are on now.
Movies Later Today: Movies that are airing today, but have not started yet
Upcoming Movies: Movies on tomorrow

[HR][/HR]
Sports Sections?

The USTVnow website doesn't provide a Sports section. So I have created one using the same logic as the Movies section. The Sports sections also allow for full recording capabilities. This allows you to easily look ahead to set recordings.

Sports On Now: Just like it says. These sports are on now.
Sports Later Today: Sports that are airing today, but have not started yet
Upcoming Sports: Sports on tomorrow

Since the USTVnow website doesn't provide this, I have created a simply array of Sports. This list will be added to as I find ones that I missed. I have included ESPN by default in all Sports sections.

[HR][/HR]
Where do I get USTVnow Plus?

USTVnow Plus is in the Official TVaddons Repo!! It replaces USTVnow Live.

USTVnow Plus Website!

[HR][/HR]
Having issues?

Please read the Bug Report Guidelines before submitting bug reports.

[HR][/HR]
Official USTVnow Plus Release Thread

Official USTVnow Guide Release Thread

[HR][/HR]

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
How much is ustvnow ?
I can't tell if you are serious or not. You have a total of 4 posts and 3 of them have asked this same question. I have answered each of them with no reply from you. I am not trying to be rude, but it you will just need to read my response.

So again...

Check out their page.

https://watch.ustvnow.com/subscription

Keep in mind that USTVnow Plus is a third party addon that is not affiliated with USTVnow at all. So you would be paying for their service not the addon.

Thanks

5louflaim

Apr 7, 2017
I have a nord VPN. I'm signed into USTVNOW get guide when I click on channel , I get record etc, I go to get now and nothing happens?

lurac1

Apr 5, 2017
just wondering is there an issue with being a Canadian as it will only apply if I state I am a US citizen...

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have a nord VPN. I'm signed into USTVNOW get guide when I click on channel , I get record etc, I go to get now and nothing happens?
just wondering is there an issue with being a Canadian as it will only apply if I state I am a US citizen...
You don't actually have to a US citizen or even live in the US. I know this for a fact! If you read a few other threads you will see that there are some weird issues going on with their server auth system. Long story short. If you have a free account, open a new one. If you have a paid account ask their support to move you to a different server (just say you have issues in Chrome).

bloomydave

May 20, 2017
Hey all! Really love the app and service I get from UsTvNow.

I had been a longtime free customer and recently decided to upgrade. I use UsTvNow with my Amazon Firebox, and have had zero problems with the app thus far. When i upgraded my account, the new channels did not show in the guide, just the free channels remain. I tried uninstalling/installing and changing my password, resetting the firebox.

Is there a step I am missing to be able to have the paid channel service in the guide?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hey all! Really love the app and service I get from UsTvNow.

I had been a longtime free customer and recently decided to upgrade. I use UsTvNow with my Amazon Firebox, and have had zero problems with the app thus far. When i upgraded my account, the new channels did not show in the guide, just the free channels remain. I tried uninstalling/installing and changing my password, resetting the firebox.

Is there a step I am missing to be able to have the paid channel service in the guide?
When you upgrade or downgrade your account you should generally do a DB reset in the USTVnow Guide. I also recommend that after you do the DB reset but before you open the guide that you open the Live TV section in the USTVnow Plus addon at least once to he sure all the new channels load there.

That should ensure that all the channels load in the USTVnow Guide addon.

The reason this is needed is because the USTVnow Guide addon does not actually connect to your USTVnow account. It relys on gherkin USTVnow Plus addon settings to determine if your account is paid or not to determine which xmltv file to use for the guide.

bloomydave

May 20, 2017
When you upgrade or downgrade your account you should generally do a DB reset in the USTVnow Guide. I also recommend that after you do the DB reset but before you open the guide that you open the Live TV section in the USTVnow Plus addon at least once to he sure all the new channels load there.

That should ensure that all the channels load in the USTVnow Guide addon.

The reason this is needed is because the USTVnow Guide addon does not actually connect to your USTVnow account. It relys on gherkin USTVnow Plus addon settings to determine if your account is paid or not to determine which xmltv file to use for the guide.
Thank you! I will give this a try when i get home from work today.

Ludger

Jan 31, 2018
I've been having a really really difficult time setting up my android tv box it comes with kodi but I have no clue how to get kodi working properly.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I've been having a really really difficult time setting up my android tv box it comes with kodi but I have no clue how to get kodi working properly.
I would recommend opening a thread in a more general forum area. This thread is specific to the USTVnow Plus addon.

I am sure that someone can help you get started.