USTVnow Plus Guide not loading all channels

Artio

Feb 23, 2016
---EDITED--- Was able to figure it out right after posting thread.

I'm sure this has been asked and I'm sorry if it has.

Summary:
I have been seeing issues with newly setup USTVnow Plus Guide.

Steps:
1. USTVnow Plus had been installed and configured with an active account on first launch.
2. Available channels have been validated within 'Video - Video Add-ons - USTVnow Plus - Live'

Noticed:
When navigating to 'Programs - Program Add-ons - USTVnow Guide'. Once the add-on loads the user is only provide a fraction of the channels provided via the account and the main video add-on

Additional Notes:
On older configurations of the add-on on on the same version of Kodi, the guide works fine and con continues to load all available channels.

Current Specs: Tested on Kodi 16, 17, OpenELEC and LibrreELEC
USTVnow Plus Guide Add-on Version: 1.1.9 Fresh install with update to 1.2.0 (Can't seem to load all channels)
USTVnow Plus Guide Add-on Version: 1.1.9 Old install with update to 1.2.0 (User can view all channels)

I have already reset the database, rebooted the OS, made sure add-ons are up to date.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
---EDITED--- Was able to figure it out right after posting thread.

I'm sure this has been asked and I'm sorry if it has.

Summary:
I have been seeing issues with newly setup USTVnow Plus Guide.

Steps:
1. USTVnow Plus had been installed and configured with an active account on first launch.
2. Available channels have been validated within 'Video - Video Add-ons - USTVnow Plus - Live'

Noticed:
When navigating to 'Programs - Program Add-ons - USTVnow Guide'. Once the add-on loads the user is only provide a fraction of the channels provided via the account and the main video add-on

Additional Notes:
On older configurations of the add-on on on the same version of Kodi, the guide works fine and con continues to load all available channels.

Current Specs: Tested on Kodi 16, 17, OpenELEC and LibrreELEC
USTVnow Plus Guide Add-on Version: 1.1.9 Fresh install with update to 1.2.0 (Can't seem to load all channels)
USTVnow Plus Guide Add-on Version: 1.1.9 Old install with update to 1.2.0 (User can view all channels)

I have already reset the database, rebooted the OS, made sure add-ons are up to date.
Glad you got it working.

Could you share the fix in case it could help others?

Thanks

peteman

Dec 14, 2012
i ve read the other threads and had the same problem..What worked for me was reset the data base and also force clear token.
Not to sure if the force clear token helped at all but did both.
Too clear token go into your video addons and get into your ustvnow plus settings,then into advanced settings and hit force clear token at the bottom.
Next i went into programs ,ustvnow guide,settings,reset database tab,yes,reset data base.
Also reset the system.

This has worked for me and hope maybe help someone out too

Thanks peteman

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
i ve read the other threads and had the same problem..What worked for me was reset the data base and also force clear token.
Not to sure if the force clear token helped at all but did both.
Too clear token go into your video addons and get into your ustvnow plus settings,then into advanced settings and hit force clear token at the bottom.
Next i went into programs ,ustvnow guide,settings,reset database tab,yes,reset data base.
Also reset the system.

This has worked for me and hope maybe help someone out too

Thanks peteman
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I can tell you that the Force Clear Token had no effect. The USTVnow Guide is a completely independent addon that simply pulls in an xmltv file that is generated remotely. It then opens the streams in the USTVnow Plus addon itself. So if USTVnow Guide is not showing all the channels it is either an issue with the remotely generated xmltv file or the DB simply needs to be reset.

Thanks

Artio

Feb 23, 2016
Sorry for the late response.

Here are the steps I did to help resolve the issue:
1. I rebooted the device, and allowed the add-ons to collect the newest update.
2. Navigated to the USTVNow Pus application and reset to defaults to clear the settings.
3. Navigated to the USTVnow Pluss Guide and cleared the database.
4. Launched the video add-on USTVnow Plus.
5. Re-entered my account information.
6. Navigated to Live, and allowed the full list to load.
7. Navigated to Programs -> Program Add-ons.
8. Launched USTVnow Plus Guide.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev

2. Navigated to the USTVNow Pus application and reset to defaults to clear the settings.
Thank you for the update on how you fixed your issue.

cattle.dog

Sep 30, 2016

I've gone through these same steps multiple times and I still only get the 7 free channels. I had upgraded from a free account to a paid account, but can't seem to get the entire channel lineup to load. If I go to the to the TV Guide (list) all channels load, but live won't stream from it..I have to go to Live to stream live. The Plus Guide (EPG) will stream live, but only show the 7 channels. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the USTVNow Plus add-on..and interesting enough, my setting were still there, so not sure a reinstall was helpful. Any other suggestions at getting the guide to update fully?

cattle.dog

Sep 30, 2016
I've gone through these same steps multiple times and I still only get the 7 free channels. I had upgraded from a free account to a paid account, but can't seem to get the entire channel lineup to load. If I go to the to the TV Guide (list) all channels load, but live won't stream from it..I have to go to Live to stream live. The Plus Guide (EPG) will stream live, but only show the 7 channels. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the USTVNow Plus add-on..and interesting enough, my setting were still there, so not sure a reinstall was helpful. Any other suggestions at getting the guide to update fully?

The problem seems to go away on it's own. I guess I wasn't patient enough.

SEB13103

Jan 21, 2017
Hi mhancoc7 i guess you can help me out! Just downloaded ustvnow and guide, both are updated and ive read all posts and tried several things, both the guide wont laod its stays at "laoding from ustv now server " calculating time" im using it on kodi

Can you assist

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi mhancoc7 i guess you can help me out! Just downloaded ustvnow and guide, both are updated and ive read all posts and tried several things, both the guide wont laod its stays at "laoding from ustv now server " calculating time" im using it on kodi

Can you assist
Have you tried resetting the DB in the USTVnow Guide addon?

Shocker

Mar 11, 2017
Thank you for the update on how you fixed your issue.
I have a amazon tv fire stick using Kodi 17. I had the free version of USTVNOW and the EPG Guide for the few channels was working great. Once I purchased the additional channels, the EPG Guide would not load and would give me an error of: "It was not possible to load program data, check setting or try again later..."
I have tried the following steps to try to resolve the issue:

I still get the same error message.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have a amazon tv fire stick using Kodi 17. I had the free version of USTVNOW and the EPG Guide for the few channels was working great. Once I purchased the additional channels, the EPG Guide would not load and would give me an error of: "It was not possible to load program data, check setting or try again later..."
I have tried the following steps to try to resolve the issue:

I still get the same error message.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
So when you click Live TV in USTVnow Plus after updating your login creds do you get the full lists of 28 channels?

If so then I would recommend going into the USTVnow Guide settings and being sure that the Guide download interval is set to every start and do a DB reset. This should resolve things. I just doubled checked the USTVnow Guide server to be sure that things were working correctly and they are.

If you are still having issues you could try to uninstall and reinstall both addons and possibly manually remove them completely before reinstalling. But that is really not normally needed.

Let me know if the steps that I mentioned (even though it sounds like you already did that) helps.

Shocker

Mar 11, 2017
The problem corrected it self.... One day later it started working correctly on both fire tv sticks.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
The problem corrected it self.... One day later it started working correctly on both fire tv sticks.
Thanks for your help!
So I noticed the same issue after some more testing. It corrected for me too. I have a theory. I think it had something to do with daylight savings time. For me it started right around midnight Eastern time. I think there was something weird with the end dates during the "spring forward". Just a theory, but at least it is working now.

Thanks

Shocker

Mar 11, 2017
You are probably correct. I had the same issues on a time and attendance program.

Thanks