USTVNow Plus New and Old Account Not Working

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
Hi, I have been having problems with USTVNow Plus addon for a while now. I had an existing account (free), before using the addon. I started using the addon since it became available. I did not have any major problems with the addon until a few weeks ago, when it started, after selecting a channel...showing the "working" indicator, then nothing happened....no error...just the "working" indicator going away and that's it. I stopped using it for a while, then after reading some of the posts, decided to open another free account, using different credentials, to see if that cured the problem. I successfully logged onto the web site, but after selecting a channel, the player comes up...says "loading player", then just a black screen. I used my original logon credentials....same thing. Now when I try to use the addon, I get the error message " connection failed - check logon credentials ( with both accounts). The original logon was working before...as far as being recognized as a valid logon..not as far as actually playing a channel ( recently, that is). Any ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks.

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi, I have been having problems with USTVNow Plus addon for a while now. I had an existing account (free), before using the addon. I started using the addon since it became available. I did not have any major problems with the addon until a few weeks ago, when it started, after selecting a channel...showing the "working" indicator, then nothing happened....no error...just the "working" indicator going away and that's it. I stopped using it for a while, then after reading some of the posts, decided to open another free account, using different credentials, to see if that cured the problem. I successfully logged onto the web site, but after selecting a channel, the player comes up...says "loading player", then just a black screen. I used my original logon credentials....same thing. Now when I try to use the addon, I get the error message " connection failed - check logon credentials ( with both accounts). The original logon was working before...as far as being recognized as a valid logon..not as far as actually playing a channel ( recently, that is). Any ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks.
It is very hard to tell what is going on with out a log file.

If you don't mind sharing the login creds for both accounts via a PM I would love to take a closer look. It would help me to have accounts that are not working to test with.

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
Tried to PM you, got this message:

"mhancoc7 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Tried to PM you, got this message:

"mhancoc7 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
Sorry about that. Just cleaned up my inbox. Should be able to receive PM again.

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
Here's an update on the behavior of the USTVNow Plus addon. Using my newest logon creds, sometimes ( it's very hit or miss), when I hit the live tv icon, it will display the channel lineup. If I select a channel, NBC for example, it will play...but if I then go to ABC, for example, it will give me the "connection failed" error. Sometimes, if I try the "failed" channel again, it will play. Next time I try, it might do the exact opposite. Sometimes, when I hit the live tv icon, it will not even display the channel lineup and gives me the "connection failed" error. The only problems I have had in the past were problems that everyone experienced, due to changes made by USTVNow,etc. I am not a new user of this addon and have been using it since you have provided it....without these kinds of problems.( I can watch these same channels from other sources but they are the same stations (from Pennsylvania),so it does not seem to be a problem at the primary source.) This is very puzzling to me. I could understand if it did not work at all, but being intermittent like this is strange.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Great news! I think I have it fixed!!!

I will be pushing the update very soon.

If you want to go ahead and try it out you can grab it from here.

http://ustvnowplus.com/current

In the end it still appears that they have some odd issues with their auth system or they are using a very dumb method for trying to limit free users accounts to 45 days. It does appear that after 45 days the quality does drop, but it shouldn't stop you from streaming in the addon. This new update should fix the streaming issues.

Please let me know if this works for those of you who have been having issues with your account.

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
Tried the currrent version, sadly (for me, anyhow), nothing has changed. Still intermittently working, more often not. Still sometimes getting connection error (on both old and new accounts). Still doing about the same as described in my earlier post. I do appreciate the effort you are putting in to try and resolve the problem.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Tried the currrent version, sadly (for me, anyhow), nothing has changed. Still intermittently working, more often not. Still sometimes getting connection error (on both old and new accounts). Still doing about the same as described in my earlier post. I do appreciate the effort you are putting in to try and resolve the problem.
Thanks for the update. Not sure why you are having these issues. If you are on the absolute latest version I can't see how this would be happening. I used your accounts as some of my primary testing accounts and had zero issues. It is possible that there is another cause for your intermittent issues. The issue with the auth stuff and the streams would not be intermittent as it was tied to the auth token which the new release should address.

Can you post a log file from when it fails?

Thanks

Mhempfling

May 10, 2017
Same issue

Mine was working totally fine yesterday then this morning I try and get the check login creds so I do and keep trying I do everything to see if it will work. So then I go to the website and create a new account and log in with it and the first few times I got the same error message then it finally played. I change the channel or stream to another and get the message again. I did update and make sure I have the newest version.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Mine was working totally fine yesterday then this morning I try and get the check login creds so I do and keep trying I do everything to see if it will work. So then I go to the website and create a new account and log in with it and the first few times I got the same error message then it finally played. I change the channel or stream to another and get the message again. I did update and make sure I have the newest version.
Yeah so the "fix" is not going to work. I am pushing an update to revert things back to a refined version of the original method of authentication. I will also post something to explain the issues more in depth.

If you wan to update manually you can grab the latest version from here:

http://ustvnowplus.com/current

Last edited:

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
Just tried the addon a few minutes ago and all channels are working fine at this time! I am using the newest logon info and everything appears to be ok. I am using the medfium quality setting. I would like to thank you for your help and timely response to my problem. In my opinion you are the example of what devs should be like...always helpful and never rude to someone with a problem. Again, thank you very much for your help and thanks for this excellent addon!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Just tried the addon a few minutes ago and all channels are working fine at this time! I am using the newest logon info and everything appears to be ok. I am using the medfium quality setting. I would like to thank you for your help and timely response to my problem. In my opinion you are the example of what devs should be like...always helpful and never rude to someone with a problem. Again, thank you very much for your help and thanks for this excellent addon!
Very glad it is working for you. I appreciate your kind feedback.

I would love to hear from you after 45 days to see if the account is still working.

Thanks!

2minutehate

May 16, 2017
Same thing as all you guys. I cannot get my firestick to play the US app...I have the newest version of it and I updated kodi as well. Uninstalled and installed. Help!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C USTVnow 4
L USTVnow 5
A USTVnow 2