Release USTVnow Plus Official Release Thread

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Update: - view change log

The Official Release has been updated with the following:

The "TV Guide" section has been replaced with a link to the new USTVnow Guide addon. This companion addon gives the user a true "out of the box" EPG for USTVnow Plus. See: [RELEASE] USTVnow Guide

The USTVnow Guide addon will be installed automatically when you update to the latest version of USTVnow Plus.

Don't forget to share the new USTVnow Plus Website!

Below are some of the major updates in the last few releases.

• Updated login method
  • Added check to force email to lowercase
  • Update language file from .xml to .po to fix issues in Kodi 17
  • Added check for Apple TV users so they can skip the install wizard and enter settings manually
  • Refactored to optimize the way the streams are pulled in for HD (Live TV) and High (Recordings)
  • Set Live TV section to be sorted alphabetically
  • Updated to support the new USTVnow channel lineup
  • Updated code to start streams to be much more efficient (Thanks to fjans for this code change suggestion!)
[HR][/HR]
I am very excited to announce that USTVnow Plus is now available in the Official TVaddons Repo!!

This version replaces USTVnow Live. This version has been rewritten to use the USTVnow API. This means that it should be more stable and easier to maintain going forward.

I want to thank everyone who has tested the BETA and provided such great feedback. I would also like to thank Eleazar Coding for helping get this done. I am very excited to have my work come to fruition.

If you have never signed up with USTVnow please use the following link. I pay for DVR, but using this link will help me earn DVR points on my Free account so I can test out how recording works on Free accounts with DVR points.

<< Free USTVnow Sign-up >>

Install:

<< Install Official Release >>

For more information please take a look at the USTVnow Plus FAQ.

Don't forget to share the new USTVnow Plus Website!

I look forward to feedback. If you have any issues please read this [GUIDELINES] Submitting Bug Reports before posting.

Thanks!!

[HR][/HR]
Special thanks to the following devs. They have all contributed to the available open source code that serves as the base for this version. While much of the code has been rewritten I think it is appropriate to give credit to them.

t0mm0, jwdempsey, esxbr, Lunatixz, yrabl, ddurdle

Last edited:

Rotorpilot

Feb 5, 2016
When I try to watch a channel it just spins says working and never connects. I'm logged in under my free account. Locks up and have to reboot.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
When I try to watch a channel it just spins says working and never connects. I'm logged in under my free account. Locks up and have to reboot.
Thanks for letting me know. I am sure we can sort this out, but I will need you assistance.

• Please provide a log file so that I can see what is going on. (Log file instructions in my signature)
  • Are you able to visit m-api.ustvnow.com/iphone in your browser while on the same network as your Kodi setup?
  • Can you try installing the BETA version. It is essentially the same as the current Official Release. However, it has a separate id so it might help to isolate if there are some issues with the previous settings left over by USTVnow Live. The BETA is named the same as the Official Release so you will see two USTVnow Plus entries. Just check the version numbers to tell them apart.
  • Can you Private Message me the contents of your setttings.xml file for USTVnow Plus? Just remove the email address and password, but leave everything else intact.
I look forward to hearing back. I will do my very best to help fix this issue.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Good news! I am having issues when using a Free Account. I know that doesn't sound good. However, I am glad to be able to replicate the issue. That should make it easier for me to fix.

Oddly enough I didn't have these issues on my Free Account during testing.

If you could still provide the information requested that would be great. I want to be sure there aren't multiple issues going on.

I will keep you all posted.

rimau007

Feb 1, 2016
Good news! I am having issues when using a Free Account. I know that doesn't sound good. However, I am glad to be able to replicate the issue. That should make it easier for me to fix.

Oddly enough I didn't have these issues on my Free Account during testing.

If you could still provide the information requested that would be great. I want to be sure there aren't multiple issues going on.

I will keep you all posted.
Thanks for following up on the issue! Yupe, I am using the free account (still within the 45 day trial but have been sticking to the 400kbps limit and don't plan to upgrade)...

DDT2005

Sep 12, 2014
This morning Kodi updated USTVNOW Live to Plus and now it no longer functions as I have a Free account at USTVNOW. But I see others having issues as well. I will be monitoring this thread closely. I will be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue. At the moment, I'm using another USTVNOW addon as that works fine.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thanks for following up on the issue! Yupe, I am using the free account (still within the 45 day trial but have been sticking to the 400kbps limit and don't plan to upgrade)...
This morning Kodi updated USTVNOW Live to Plus and now it no longer functions as I have a Free account at USTVNOW. But I see others having issues as well. I will be monitoring this thread closely. I will be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue. At the moment, I'm using another USTVNOW addon as that works fine.
Great news!!

I have fixed the issues. I am updating the BETA version now and will submit the updated Official Package within the next hour. Once it has been updated in the TVaddons Repo things should be good to go.

I really appreciate everyone letting me know about this issue. It appears that USTVnow made a slight change to the return values for Free Accounts vs Paid Accounts. I had to create some additional logic to deal with these changes. I am going to be reviewing things closely in the upcoming BETA releases to ensure that I keep things simple and stable.

Thanks!

mdbiggs

Feb 5, 2016
Like the new USTVNOW Plus, working great. The only issue is no guide. Will you be adding a guide? Thanks for the hard work!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Like the new USTVNOW Plus, working great. The only issue is no guide. Will you be adding a guide? Thanks for the hard work!
Thanks!

For now I am not looking at adding a guide. However, once I get a few more things in the code polished up I might consider looking in to it. It is definitely something that I am aware would be awesome.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Set up a free account at ustnow ,placed the information into ustvnowplus and it just spins and spins.
Reboot.
No workie.
Unfortunately USTVnow made a change that broke things for Free Accounts in the new version. I have already fixed it in the BETA and have submitted the fix for the official release. As soon as the official release is updated in the repo things should be working.

Zendall

Nov 19, 2015
I have free accounts on my AFTV stick & box. On the box I got a notice saying welcome to the new plus version. It hasn't worked since. It locks up my device to where I have to exit to home then do a force start on Kodi. Last night the other USTVnow addon worked but the format is different. Today it doesn't work either, does the same thing. Oddly, on my stick USTVnow Live worked fine & there were all these extra channels. All of them worked. Today, it's broken like on my box.

Just letting you know in case it's of any help. I'm a freebie account so I can't complain. I appreciate what I get when I get it. Many thanks!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have free accounts on my AFTV stick & box. On the box I got a notice saying welcome to the new plus version. It hasn't worked since. It locks up my device to where I have to exit to home then do a force start on Kodi. Last night the other USTVnow addon worked but the format is different. Today it doesn't work either, does the same thing. Oddly, on my stick USTVnow Live worked fine & there were all these extra channels. All of them worked. Today, it's broken like on my box.

Just letting you know in case it's of any help. I'm a freebie account so I can't complain. I appreciate what I get when I get it. Many thanks!
Thanks for the feedback. I have posted a message about this issue in the Original Post. Just before or just after releasing the new USTVnow Plus there were some changes with the USTVnow service that broke things for Free Accounts.

I have already put in a fix (actually two) in the BETA release. I have submitted the first fix for the Official Release and am about to submit the second. Once either of those fixes makes it to the TVaddons Repo then things should be working again with the new features.

Thanks for your patience!